Just read the article and thought i would pass the info along...

Guitarplayer just did a article on Bugera and it is confirmed they are Behringer. It states Behringer started the side company called Bugera and has been working on the project for the last two years. Also a side article from the Founder of Behringer states they brung in engineers to study other amps and he states that he has always wanted to start up a boutique line of amp so thats why he did it. And thats all straight from Uli Behringer himself...

Pick up the mag for the full article/review and a few pics of what the iside of there amps look like.
Thanks for sharing the info. That explains the low cost for those little bugers' Personally, I don't know I would call bugera a boutique amp...IMHO.
we all knew that

but still, although new, they dont seem too unreliable, and they have a good grip on the market for cheap high gain tube amps, and if they sound good (which they will because theyre tube) then im not fussed who makes them. IMO more companies should be doing cheaper tubes
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
People were disputing by saying that Bugera was more of a separate company and did their own thing apart from Behringer. But i think IbanezPsycho is saying that really its all behringer, and thats prolly the reason the amps are so cheap.
i thought it was like a sort of offspring company. almost like squire to fender, but a little less independant
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
We all thought they did but it was never confirmed. This confirmed it... And theres alot of people that swore by them just being the distributor only.

Yea, tis true. All I knew until this article was that Behringer did the distro....oh well, its all good
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Yea, tis true. All I knew until this article was that Behringer did the distro....oh well, its all good

Yup, its still all good.. Havent heard any more complaints about them having issues so i guess they worked the bugs out and there still a great alternative.

One thing that did perk my intrests is they stated they examined Soldano, Bogner, Matchless, Rivera, Mesa/Boogie, Marshall and Peavey of coarse. So sometime in the future we might see some cheap high end amp clones down the line.
This is true. Remember, there are some significant differences between the Bugeras and the peaveys they resemble. I hope to see a Bogner Ecstasy copy. I will dance the good times dance then
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Does anybody really care?

Jackson is Fender, Jaguar was Ford and is now Tata, Rover is BMW, Seat and Bentley are both VW, Pedigree Petfoods is Mars Confectionery etc etc.

The parent company means sod all, what any affiliated companies make is irrelevant and likewise the name on the front is meaningless.

All that matters is how the product performs for the price you pay.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Does anybody really care?

Jackson is Fender, Jaguar was Ford and is now Tata, Rover is BMW, Seat and Bentley are both VW, Pedigree Petfoods is Mars Confectionery etc etc.

The parent company means sod all, what any affiliated companies make is irrelevant and likewise the name on the front is meaningless.

All that matters is how the product performs for the price you pay.

+100
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
You bumped this thread for THAT?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I wasn't aware that anyone really cared? Especially after the many other threads that have all come to the same conclusion.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
its kind of a money thing. They want to appeal to the lower end 'beginners' market but at the same time they don't want to relate their name to piece of **** amps, so they make a new line.

aren't line 6 and bogner the same company too?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
its kind of a money thing. They want to appeal to the lower end 'beginners' market but at the same time they don't want to relate their name to piece of **** amps, so they make a new line.

No

And who cares if Behringer owns Bugera, they sound good.
Last edited by Geartrigger at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687

lol wut?

Are you joking or serious?
They're separate companies (although I hear there's a new all tube low end Bogner amp that is being distributed by Line 6 - but Ling 6 did NOT make the map in any way or form).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Bogner and Line6 colloborated on the Spider Valve, I dunno about any other connection.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
yeah my bad. I guess i just saw bogner and line 6 in the same thing and assumed...

+1 for ignorance?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial