I know that acoustic guitars are very humidity-sensitive... So i wanted to know if it would be a good idea to bring my acoustic guitar out on a hot bright sunny day to go play, or if the sun would somehow damage my guitar?

Thanks
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
i bring mine out all the time.. i'm in florida.. i figure that the plus of having an acoustic is that it's portable.. i'm not worried about it being crapped up tho.. my acoustic is for messing around..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
not unless your house is an igloo .. and under water..
which doesnt make much saense..
nbut no not really
go out and play its beautiful out
Alright, i'm loving these responses

Sorry if it sounded paranoiac, it's just that my guitar cost me quite a bit, it's a handcrafted yamaha ll500, and i've heard somewhere that high end guitars have to be taken very care of with temperature changes
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
Alright, i'm loving these responses

Sorry if it sounded paranoiac, it's just that my guitar cost me quite a bit, it's a handcrafted yamaha ll500, and i've heard somewhere that high end guitars have to be taken very care of with temperature changes

if ur really worried go get some of the humidity putty stuff or wat ever it is .. safe then sorry
Quote by 6-string-yay
if ur really worried go get some of the humidity putty stuff or wat ever it is .. safe then sorry

Well i'm not quite sure what that is haha XD

All I have is this little humidifier i put in between the strings when i place the guitar in it's case.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
That's mostly for the cold or extreme heat, like on the equator hot. If you're in Quebec, there's no way it could get hot enough to do more than detune your strings a bit.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
That's mostly for the cold or extreme heat, like on the equator hot. If you're in Quebec, there's no way it could get hot enough to do more than detune your strings a bit.

So 30 degrees celsius should be fine?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Try not to play in too much direct sunlight. The shade is always better. Too much direct sunlight can heat up your guitar a lot. Especially the bridge area where the wood is dark coloured. So just keep that in mind.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.