Whenever i see or hear about high output humbuckers,theyre always intended for metal or heavy music. I want a warm sounding pickup,but high output so i can push my tubes into overdrive easier.Does anyone know any pickups like this?
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
i know that you probably won't like this, but seymour duncan blackouts. they have a much more woody and organic tone than EMG's.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
i know that you probably won't like this, but seymour duncan blackouts. they have a much more woody and organic tone than EMG's.

Pretty much everything sounds woody and organic compared to EMG's, that's a pretty lousy choice.

The Duncan JB isn't overly high- output or voiced for metal, but it's pretty hot- sounding and works for blues, classic rock, and the like. If that's a little bright, the Custom 5 and Custom Custom are also similar.
It has to be a humbucker,and nothing over about $120.Im using a Crate v50 50 watt tube combo.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
What pickups are you using now?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
What pickups are you using now?

The stock Duncan/Ibanez pickups in an Ibanez SZ520QM
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Pretty much everything sounds woody and organic compared to EMG's, that's a pretty lousy choice.

The Duncan JB isn't overly high- output or voiced for metal, but it's pretty hot- sounding and works for blues, classic rock, and the like. If that's a little bright, the Custom 5 and Custom Custom are also similar.

This or a Dimarzio Super Distortion, although the Dimarzio may be a little too hot.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Isn't the Seymour Duncan Jazz a little on the high output side (for a neck pickup)? Those sound great in the mahogany guitars I've tried.
bareknuckle warpigs own emgs on output and tone
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by JD Red LP
Isn't the Seymour Duncan Jazz a little on the high output side (for a neck pickup)? Those sound great in the mahogany guitars I've tried.

I wouldn't say so.

The 59 is hotter than the Jazz, and even that is a moderate one, even for a neck pickup.

I suggest the Screamin' Demon. Despite what the name suggests, it's not obscenely hot, but it does sound very nice. I prefer it to the JB
Put a dimarzio Super Distortion in it. They were designed in the 70's to push tube amps.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Put a dimarzio Super Distortion in it. They were designed in the 70's to push tube amps.

Can you name me any artists who have used this pickup so i can listen to it?

BTW,how would you say the SD-1 compares to other similarly priced overdrives?
Quote by Krist333111330
Can you name me any artists who have used this pickup so i can listen to it?

Probably the most famous are Ace Frehley of KISS (he had them in his les pauls) and Glenn Tipton from Judas Priest (who used a lot of guitars, including a strat with dimarzio SD's. I dunno which tracks he used it on, though).
I think Rivers Cuomo from Weezer has them in some of his strats.

There are sound samples on the dimarzio website, plus you can look on youtube