The effects loop doesnt seem to work on my Classic 30. I bought this amp used several months ago, but never needed to use the effects loop for the only pedal i used was an OD. Recently i aquired a DD-6 Delay, and have been running it in front of the amp, but today i decided to try it though the effects loop. i had it set up like this:
Guitar > OD > Amp Effects loop send > DD-6 > Effects loop return

All that seemed to happen was i lost a LOT of volume level and the delay would not work at all. I had to turn the amp up at 5 to get the same volume which would normally be under 1 on the amp. This was on both channels. Also, the delay would not work?

Any ideas?

BTW: i checked all cables, and used different cables through out, so the problem does not lie in the cables
You're not plugged in correctly.

You need two paths:

Guitar > OD > input

FX send > DD-6 > FX return
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thats what i meant i have, if i read what you said correctly.
I have a cable running from my guitar to my OD and one from my OD to my amp. and then i also have a cable running from the FX send to the DD-6 and one from the DD-6 to the return
Does the delay work in front of the amp?

If so, then yeah, sounds like you have a problem with the loop. If not, check the battery on the pedal.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The pedal is run from the AC adaptor, and it works perfectly in front of the amp. The past few days i just ran it in front of the amp because i wasnt bothered to make the FX loop. However i read delays generally sound best in the loop so i wanted to try it.
Try swapping the wires around on the delay in the loop, just to make sure you have it right. It should be:

FX send > DD-6 input > DD-6 out > FX return

Sorry to get all kindergarten.

But if you have it plugged in right, then you have an issue with the loop.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Did you switch them around? Having them reverse will do that.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
AH! i had the send running to the output on accident. thanks slats and accousticpunk.
BTW great amp to anyone looking to buy it
If you look at the manual you will see that the nominal input level for the amp is -17db or 140 mv. The nominal input level for the FX return is -6db or 500 mv. Your delay pedal may not have enough output for the FX loop. I'm just guessing that this may be the case. I use several pedals in the FX loop of my C30. But the last pedal is a Magicstomp, which has adjustable output level. If you have an EQ pedal with level control I would suggest putting it in front of the FX return.
Quote by fly135
If you look at the manual you will see that the nominal input level for the amp is -17db or 140 mv. The nominal input level for the FX return is -6db or 500 mv. Your delay pedal may not have enough output for the FX loop. I'm just guessing that this may be the case. I use several pedals in the FX loop of my C30. But the last pedal is a Magicstomp, which has adjustable output level. If you have an EQ pedal with level control I would suggest putting it in front of the FX return.

this was not the problem, however that is great information to know. Thank you. i will be sure to note that incase i run into problems adding other pedals to the loop.
Quote by enalsisiht
AH! i had the send running to the output on accident. thanks slats and accousticpunk.
BTW great amp to anyone looking to buy it

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Your welcome! Now, try getting it right with 1 jack and a stereo splitter! (yes, mine IS like that.)
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp