Ok so I know that OHM numbers should match up and I am not going to experiment with different matching like I see some people in other threads are doing.

Now here is where I get confused, at the top we see parallel output left and right (nevermind the spelling mistake I'm to lazy to fix it now) Left and Right seem to be on the same side as they should be, Great!

On the bottom however they are not, I was wondering if anyone could explain the reasoning behind this just so I know.

so the way I have it hooked up is from the top right parallel output to the bottom left (which is where is says right) I am getting a new head and I have made sure that the ohms will match. But what does the switch at the bottom do?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer this question which you have probably explained to 100 people before me.

Diagram :
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
I would help, but I don't do things like that and have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Sorry.
i am guesing mono means just 1 cabinet
and stereo means you are going to use 2 cabinetes
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
the switch at the bottom changes it from a stereo cab(8ohms at each jack), to a mono cab(either 4 or 16ohm depending which jack you plug into).

Your parallel outputs at 4ohm means you could plug 2 x 8ohm cabs into it, or one 4ohm cab, since they are in parallel.

your switch on the cab should be set to mono, one cable from the parallel 4ohm jack on the head, to the left side 4ohm mono connection.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well on the cab stereo selections means both inputs will generate a 8ohm load per input. Example connecting up 2x 8 ohm amps each amp has an input so each amp gets 2 speakers out of the cab. Or one amp with dual 8ohm outputs then you can connect it to the cab like that as well which would give the left side 2 speakers and the right side two speakers. On the mono side of things you can either go with 4 ohms or 16 ohms and only one amp. So you would take the 4ohm output and stick it in the 4 ohm input of the cab..

Also I take it the cab is a 4x12 cab correct?

EDIT*** erock beat me too it lol
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Well on the cab stereo selections means both inputs will generate a 8ohm load per input. Example connecting up 2x 8 ohm amps each amp has an input so each amp gets 2 speakers out of the cab. Or one amp with dual 8ohm outputs then you can connect it to the cab like that as well which would give the left side 2 speakers and the right side two speakers. On the mono side of things you can either go with 4 ohms or 16 ohms and only one amp. So you would take the 4ohm output and stick it in the 4 ohm input of the cab..

Also I take it the cab is a 4x12 cab correct?

EDIT*** erock beat me too it lol

so are you talking about amps like these

http://www.houseofenglamps.com/jpg/HiRes/E_645_back.jpg

where at the bottom right you have the two outputs I think it would be fine for me to put one stereo cable from the 16ohm output and into the 16 ohm input on my cab. And put the switch to mono would this be correct? I am going to get the ENGL fireball but I haven't seen a backside picture of it yet.

and yes it is 4x12

EDIT: I downloaded the fireball's owners manual and it has a back diagram there is a double output like with the powerball but instead of 5 there are 2 groups of 2. So on the right group of 2 the inner most jack is 1 x 16ohms so I could plug one stereo cable in there and then into my 16 ohms input on my cab.
Last edited by Shredder6 at Jul 7, 2008,
When you switch the cab to stereo think of the cab as two seperate 2x12 cabs each rated at 8 ohms. With the stereo switched to mono you have a single cab that can be 4 ohms or 16 ohms.

Per the manual...

Possible speaker combinations:
1 x 8 ohms or 2 x 16 ohms (Jacks 22 and 23) or
1 x 16 ohms (Jack 24!) or 2 x 8 ohms (Jacks 24 and 25).
recommended cabinets (available in Standard and Vintage versions):
1 x 112": ENGL 112, 8 ohms connected to jack 22 or 23.
1 x 210": ENGL 210, 16 ohms, connected to jack 24.
1 x 212": ENGL 212, 16 ohms, connected to jack 24.
1 x 412": ENGL 412, slanted or straight, 8 ohms, connected to jack 22 or 23.
2 x 112": ENGL 112, 8 ohms (16 Ohm serial) connected to jack 24 and 25.
2 x 210": ENGL 210, 16 ohms (8 ohms parallel), connected to jack 22 and 23.
2 x 212": ENGL 212, 16 ohms (8 ohms parallel), connected to jack 22 and 23.
2 x 412": ENGL 412 slanted or straight, 8 ohms (16 Ohm serial), connected to jack 24 and 25.
ahh, thank you very much

EDIT: so my amp would connect to 24 and 25 on stereo.
Last edited by Shredder6 at Jul 7, 2008,