What is a good scale for soloing in DADADD. and how does the scale run in this tuning? I'm writing a song in it and it's going to be a instrumental with a lead doing a melody line, kinda like Satch.

Any help is greatly appreciated..
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Just a minor scale? I like minor scales. Much better than crappy majors.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Why make it difficult for yourself?
Is it like impossible to play in standard?

Anyway, the fact you are writing it in DADADD means that you must be using a scale and so just keep using that one
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Why make it difficult for yourself?
Is it like impossible to play in standard?

Anyway, the fact you are writing it in DADADD means that you must be using a scale and so just keep using that one

Well, i've written a main kinda riff, kinda like the One Vision riff, and thats in a shape which can be used in standard, i just have no idea how a scale will look on a DADADD fretboard. So yeah, I have no idea of the shape of the scale, any other good scales you suggest i learn? Seeing as I only know the Pentatonic 5 positions.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Scales aren't shapes, they're a collection of notes. Learn the notes on the guitar, learn the notes and intervals of the scale and just transpose them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Scales aren't shapes, they're a collection of notes. Learn the notes on the guitar, learn the notes and intervals of the scale and just transpose them.

This
Adam
Quote by steven seagull

Agreed. It's much more useful to learn the notes as opposed to the shapes if you're going to use slightly "off the cuff" tunings like open D5.

If you want any further ideas, there's a fair few Creed/Alter Bridge songs in DADADD with solos.
Quote by steven seagull

Yeah I figure, but in diifferent tunings the scale runs are in different shapes yes? I can't seem to work out the shape/note collection i need to improvise through.

Thanks to everyone for your help so far
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
Yeah I figure, but in diifferent tunings the scale runs are in different shapes yes? I can't seem to work out the shape/note collection i need to improvise through.

Thanks to everyone for your help so far

I'm not sure you get what he's saying... don't rely on shapes. Gain knowl.edge of the notes on the fretboard. Instead of thinking "right, well, I play this fret, now I can play anything there or there..." think "right, I'm playing a D right now... next note in the scale is E." If you start relying on shapes, it becomes difficult to play in different tunings. Learning shapes may be great for beginners, but the concept of scale shapes becomes very constricting.
if you have guitar pro just use their fretboard viewer to look at the notes and where they fall into place with DADADD tuning
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
definitely learn the notes in a specific scale, then apply them to the tuning. alternate tunings require some ODD stretches compared to standard. Still, it's worth knowing. And i'm guessin from that tuning you like Mark Tremonti's playing? Listen to Creed and early Alter Bridge solos.