I been playing for a year and 3 months now and I thought it would be a good idea to learn music theory. So I know a big part of it is memorizeing the notes on the guitar. Does anyone know a good way to do this ( internet games,ways to learn it, excercises etc.) If anyone could help me it would be a great help. thanks
uh.... i just remember a few and work off those... like if low E's 8th fret is C then the 7th is B.. and so on..
remeber apparently on a guitar there is no B#/Cb or E#/Fb
i'm still learning them, but I go up the fretboard and say the name of each note. Because if you know the starting note, then its easy to go up c, c#, d, d#/eb, etc.. it helped me..
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
MmmmMM
major minor minor minor major major

E-F M
A-a# m
D-d# m
G-g# m
B-C M
e-F M

im pretty sure the notes r right but MmmmMM is right
Learn the notes on the Low E string first.

Then, if you look at the power chord shape, for example:
D|---7--
A|---7--
E|---5--
The top and bottom notes are the same, but an octave a part, so you can find octaves easily once you know the notes on the first two strings.

It seems obvious, but it helped me a lot
Wow, there's a game for it? AWESOME! well, you still have to know the notes to win, but i guess it can make this a bit easier for guys who like games.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
The game rules i suck balls at it but thanks for the help guys. sashki that power chord break down helped alot thanks
i have a picture of the guitar neck with all the notes on it on the wall right next to my bed i look at it every night, and now i can remember all the notes!!
Quote by Bluestube
i have a picture of the guitar neck with all the notes on it on the wall right next to my bed i look at it every night, and now i can remember all the notes!!

I really wish i had something like that QQ
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Every
Absent
Dog
Goes
Back to
E

That's how I remember the Strings

I still use

Every
Good
Boy
Does
Fine

for up the music sheet note lines and

FACE for the spaces.

Quote by chimpinatux

Very Awesome Game, Thank you very much !

_________

_________

Patrick
4jacks
email
Last edited by 4jacks at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by Thegian
I really wish i had something like that QQ

you can find them at google just search: Notes On The Guitar then print it out and hang next to your bed