I always thought it was EVH with the Frankenstrat...
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by EddieRhoads
He did what?

When Dime met Eddie for the first time, he asked if he could have one of those yellow-and-black striped Charvels that they were doing a limited run of. Eddie said he'd tape one up for Dime personally.

Unfortunately, it was never finished, so after Dimebag died, EVH donated the original yellow and black guitar (which I think was a Kramer? Not sure) that appeared on the back of the Van Halen II album cover, to be burried with Dimebag
Quote by shredder.cheese
I always thought it was EVH with the Frankenstrat...

Dimebag was buried with the original yellow and black frankenstrat.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Dimebag was buried with the original yellow and black frankenstrat.

I have no clue why though.
Quote by thellamaking
I have no clue why though.

I just noticed the post above mine; that explains it pretty well.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by sashki
You do know that Dimebag was a huge fan of Van Halen...

Well yeah, but burying him with the guitar seems pointless. If any guitar i'd say it would be on of his MLs.
Quote by thellamaking
Well yeah, but burying him with the guitar seems pointless. If any guitar i'd say it would be on of his MLs.

Yeah, I thought so, too.
But it does make sense, if you think about it. He got one of his wishes fullfilled post-humously, so to say.

I guess it's a nice thing for EVH to do, to show that he was suppotive of a big fan of his.
Quote by thellamaking

I believe his wife still has those; Trivium were allowed to play them on stage once I think. Anyway, obviously EVH wanted to leave a fitting tribute for someone he obviously had a lot of respect for and the fact that that guitar was one of Dime's favorites and he wanted a copy obviously prompted him to do it.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Van Halen was honoring a huge fan of his by donating one of his guitars to Dime Bag and thus upholding a deal he made with him to give him a yellow and black frankenstrat.

Wouldnt you want to be buried with one of your heros guitars?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by thellamaking

Even heros have heros they look/looked up to.

Anyways to answer an earlier question, the guitar was a Charvel.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Absent Mind

Wouldnt you want to be buried with one of your heros guitars?

Why? You couldnt do anything with it. It would rot alongside you and thats it.

Better they get into the hands of close family or friends so they can either be sold to help the family, put on display, or better yet, played by deserving passionate musicians till they fall apart as intended.
Quote by Axe Murderer
Why? You couldnt do anything with it. It would rot alongside you and thats it.

Better they get into the hands of close family or friends so they can either be sold to help the family, put on display, or better yet, played by deserving passionate musicians till they fall apart as intended.

This
Eddie was at the funeral if I read the article correctly and provided an overly-long good-bye speech and then proceded to interupt other's good-bye speeches as well. This was of course before he sobered up.....point being who knows what kind of condition he was in mentally.

Yes, he should have given the guitar to Dime's wife as she is starting club or charity or a museum or something and I would think that guitar could have done more for Dime and his legacy then letting it rot away.
I am personally a spiritual person and because of this I can see why someone would be buried with their hero's guitar.
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab