Well...
I just snapped a G string (No pun intended... seriously) and found a pack of electric strings that I'm sure I never bought due to not knowing the make... anyhoo, I thought what the hell, I might as well try them on the acoustic and pick up some acoustic strings next week or summit...
Well it sounds a lot better than I thought and it's absolutly beautiful to play! I'm a happy little flamenco shredder =D
Just wondering though,
Will the strings have any negative effects on the guitar itself?
E.g. Less pressure than acoustic strings leading to neck problems...
?
Any help much appreciated!
My grandfather started putting electric strings on his acoustic after his fingers were getting worn out from the acoustic strings. He likes how he can bend a lot easier, and I actually dig the sound. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the neck, and we've been using the electric strings for about 4 years. You should be alright.
It won't hurt the guitar, but it won't sound good either.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by God_in_a_bag
exactly the problem that you predicted

You, sir, are misinformed. "not enough tension" being a problem is a myth. Just like "taking off all the strings on a guitar is bad for it" is a myth.

Too much tension is a BIG problem. It can warp the guitar horribly.

Too little tension, however, is not a problem unless you've left your guitar stringless for a decade or so, and in humidity/temperature conditions that are unsuitable for an acoustic guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.