This bass is mine... it was my father's before he left me and my mother... he took his Fender P-Bass with him but left this...

Now... I am a guitar player... Not a bass player... But I have the utmost respect for bass... it is the heartbeat of the band ...

I have come to believe this is a Kramer... but other than that can you give me a run down on the make and model... possibly maybe the year (it is probably impossible to tell from a pic... neck profiling?)

Thanks,
Troy
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Yeah it's a Kramer DMZ 5000, most probably from the very late 70's/early 80's. What does the aluminium neck feel like? I've always wondered.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Kinda ruff actually... makes moving up and down the neck interesting with sweaty hands lol
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Oh could i possibly have a price now... with the vintage factor?
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Google search leads me to an 80's DMZ for $605

this is right on target. the DMZ 5000 and DMZ 6000B were both produced 1979-1980.
the descriptions are the same, so i don't know the difference between the two, but the value of both is $400 to $550, as of 2005. they are kinda rare. if it were mine, i wouldn't sell it for less than $800 to $1000. i say keep it and play it until somebody
wants it bad enough to pay for it.

Edit: well i saw a pic of the DMZ 6000B, so i'm agreeing that you have a DMZ 5000.
the 6000B has some fancy scroll cuts on the end of the body(bridge end).
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 7, 2008,