I recently bought a pack of the biggest DVD recordables i could find. 8.5 gigs per disc, and/or 240 mins of video footage. But they're not enough, and my question is, since i consistently buy DVD's with well over 240 mins of footage on one disc. Where do I obtain such discs? and how much do they cost (per pack of about 25)? Another question... are they even obtainable outside of a professional environment? or is the douchebag with a mac (me) gunna have to just sit his ass down and deal with it?
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Well, what are trying to do with these discs?? Why would you need more than 8.5 gbs of data (on a dual layer disc)?? If you really need more room, buy a Blu Ray drive or something.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
I'm just burning some home videos and whatnot onto a DVD, and i got it set up all perfectly, and it's just the tiniest bit too big or slightly too long... so i was wondering if there were some bigger ones. And i'm not buying Blu Ray, because it's not common enough to bother spending the money on yet. Basically, it's a yes or no question. Are more spacious DVD's available? if so where can i get them? if not i'll deal with it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
I highly doubt it. Why don't you just convert the video into a lower bitrate or something like that to lower the size. Or cut up the video. What the hell kind of home video do you have that takes up 240 mins that can't be cut up anyway?
well, you can change the quality around to get different lengths of video on the disk. lower quality = longer record. you get the idea.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
What the hell kind of home video do you have that takes up 240 mins that can't be cut up anyway?

Quote by Mr_Mysterio
I'm just burning some home videos and whatnot onto a DVD, and i got it set up all perfectly, and it's just the tiniest bit too big or slightly too long... so i was wondering if there were some bigger ones. And i'm not buying Blu Ray, because it's not common enough to bother spending the money on yet. Basically, it's a yes or no question. Are more spacious DVD's available? if so where can i get them? if not i'll deal with it.

That's as big as they come, unless you go to Blu Ray.

You could try double-sided, dual layer DVDs with 8.5 GB on each side, but that's as much as you could get on one physical DVD disk without Blu-Ray.