Here's the idea that I've been playing around with for the last day or two. I tried to get some feedback, but I don't think I managed to get my idea across the first time.

Setup: I have a Peavey ValveKing 112 at home that is almost doing nothing for me now that I have an X3 Live. I know there are amp companies (Atomic, mainly) that make tube power amps specifically for modelers. So, why can't I build one? But instead of leaving it in a combo format, I want something like a "mini-stack" a la Krank Rev Jr, with a "head"with nothing on the front, no pots, no jacks, nothing at all, keeping it as clean as can be for some type of plexi front to show the tubes glowing. On the back, I'll have a single input to plug my pedal into and ext jack for the cabs (which I'll figure out how I'm going to wire up later.) The cabs will be little of no problem to do, I just want to get the "head" done first.

So basicly, this is what I want:

To this.

If that makes ANY sense...
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
I figured... I suck at explaining stuff... Here's the overall idea:

ValveKing gets ripped apart. I then turn around a build a custom "mini-stack" using only the tube power amp to run the cabs. I'll use my X3 Live as the preamp (like the Atomic amps). That make it a little easier?
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Aside from questioning your tone, I would recommend leaving a triode as either a preamp or cathode follower (buffer). Check the power amp schematic at http://www.schematicheaven.com, especially Marshall 9000.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Awesome. Gives me something to work with (even if it is building from ground up). I guess the next question is where to go from here?

Edit: This is my first build of actually... anything like this, haha.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Last edited by DisplacedLogic at Jul 7, 2008,