Right, basically I'm having trouble memorising songs, I can never remember where I'm fretting on the next note, I could be sitting and playing it from the tab for hours and come away from it and not remember, obviously this is a huge problem, are there any tips on helping with playing from memory?

Any help would be appreciated.
try to look at the fretboard more than the screen... like, memorize the next few notes, then look at the fretboard and play them
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Try memorizing it section by section; don't take the whole song in one go. Play one section over and over again until you can remember it then move on to the next section.

Also try to stop thinking about what you're playing so much, you have to get it into muscle memory rather than conscious thought. The vast majority of players don't really think about what they're playing once they have it memorized.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Try memorizing it section by section; don't take the whole song in one go. Play one section over and over again until you can remember it then move on to the next section.

Also try to stop thinking about what you're playing so much, you have to get it into muscle memory rather than conscious thought. The vast majority of players don't really think about what they're playing once they have it memorized.

indeed that's true.
also, as you would expect to be said, practice!
once you're more experienced you'll pretty much remember the song from the first time you try to play it. aural memory!
Really, practicing your aural training is something I find crucial. When you know what an interval will sound like and after enough practice, your hands will automatically know to play it. It's all aural skills and muscle memory.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I have the same freakin' problem, and I've tried aural training and breaking songs into sections, and I still forget it all.

It's pretty frustrating being able to play a song just fine, but never being able to remember enough to actually play it...
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
play it from the tab until you can play it and stuff... then went you want to memorize it walk away. play as much as you can by memory. when you cant go too far go back and just look at the tab. then try it again. this works for me 90% of the time. i used to have this same problem too. My bandmates would always be mad because i would keep a tab or somthing out at rehearsals cuz there was always parts i couldnt memorize. now i do it this way and it seems to work