Page 1 of 4
I don't think this belongs in the relationship thread cause this isn't about the relationship itself - purely about the first time you see a girl.

Have you ever seen a girl and just immediately fell in love just from seeing her? I was sceptical about it before, but I have ONCE had it happen that while I was working, a girl came into the store and when I looked at her I just immediately got the fuzzy feeling all over. The sad part however came when she left the store. I overheard her talking as well, and she was English so she didn't live here. Never saw her again.

What are your experiences?
Loves just a bunch of chemicals in your body. Love at first sight? In my humblest of opinions:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Yes actually.. Still in love with her.. though she doesn't love me.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
No.

Quote by fila_93
Yes actually.. Still in love with her.. though she doesn't love me.

Ouch^^.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Not really. I usually have to follow her around a few days before I decide she's right for me.

My mom on the other hand said she never believed in it. Then a few months back she said she experienced it. Said she was ready to spend the rest of her life with the guy before he even sat down to say hi. (blind date I think). He didn't feel the same way though.
Quote by Eminored
Not really. I usually have to follow her around a few days before I decide she's right for me.

Well ofcourse you have to get to know her first, but I was purely focusing on the first, immediate reaction when you see someone.
yes, im certain it happens all the time
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
NOpe.

Though when i do see a chick and like her at the first sight, i tend to end up liking her for quite a while until things go one way or the other!

But all that love crap is probably b.s. or over exaggeration...
Yes, Im sure that it happens all the time.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
I believe in lust at first sight.

How come people never think they have 'love at first sight' with ugly girls with great personalities. It works on a purely superficial level.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Jehuty
Could the people that say no, actually try to explain why they believe so? It kinda adds more to the topic.

Everyone's different in their own way. Even if you can catch all the big things via body language, there are still little quirks about each person that you can't truly catch until you've spent some time with them. Some of the quirks can be fatal to a relationship. Diving straight in with all the emotions is not a good idea. This is, of course, all my opinion.
Who knows, Cupid could shove an arrow up my ass at any random moment.
...tiny little bastard.
Not happening anymore I think... All these girls just make me upset. Noone loves me. I will kill myself.
Nope. Love at first sight is just chemical attraction, pheromones doing their job. You can't love someone without "knowing" them. The cerebral connection is what makes relationships last and you can't get that just by looking at someone.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
No, I don't. You love someone for their personality and character. You can't tell what that is just by looking at them. Sure, you can become infatuated with them because of their looks, hell, it happens all the time, to myself included. But it is not love.
Quote by Eminored
Everyone's different in their own way. Even if you can catch all the big things via body language, there are still little quirks about each person that you can't truly catch until you've spent some time with them. Some of the quirks can be fatal to a relationship. Diving straight in with all the emotions is not a good idea. This is, of course, all my opinion.
Who knows, Cupid could shove an arrow up my ass at any random moment.
...tiny little bastard.

Totally agree, I would never just jump into a relationship myself.

Oh, and to the lust thing. I guess you're right. I've just thought it over, and lust pretty much implies a pure physical desire or reaction, whereas love is more a mental connection between two people. Love at first sight would then mean that both of the people share the same feeling of immediate affection. Which I think is definitely possible, but extremely rare and unprobable.
Lust. Not love.

My boyfriend's first words to me were 'I just put sugar on my chips'
I thought he was a right freak and loser.
Well, he's still a freak.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I don't believe in love...so...no.

I believe in physical attraction at first sight though.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by XSider
Not happening anymore I think... All these girls just make me upset. Noone loves me. I will kill myself.

i feel your pain
Quote by Jehuty
Please explain.

Love is just a bunch of hormones and neurotransmitter chemicals going haywire in you cerebral cortex in your organic body. Its all very mechanical you see.

Well, question wasn't directed towards me but i felt like answering it anyway.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Love is just a bunch of hormones and neurotransmitter chemicals going haywire in you cerebral cortex in your organic body. Its all very mechanical you see.

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, does it?

I mean, by that logic you're implying that there is no such thing as emotion just because it is all a reaction in your body.
LUST at first sight.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Skunk Buttz
You can't love someone you don't know.

you can....love at first sight can happen easily..
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i thought love was only true in fairy tales, meant for someone else but not for me.
heh. but you know what. love was out to get me, (duh-duh, duh-duh), that's the way it seemed (duh-duh, duh-duh). and disappointment haunted all my dreams.
Quote by af_the_fragile

Well, even if that is all that love is, the very fact that you described it as a real thing (albeit just chemicals and whatnot), says that it IS a real thing, so you have to believe in all the chemicals and neurotransmitters going crazy, even if we slap the name 'love' on it.
Quote by Skullshredda
you can....love at first sight can happen easily..

You can fall in love with a persons appearence. That is lust though, not love.

You cant truly be in love with someone until you have gotten to know them.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by af_the_fragile

You just explained how it exists.
Page 1 of 4