could you pput tuner locks on a strat? cuz they always go out of tune when you use the whammy bar but would it stay in tune if you put the tuning locks on it?
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
The whammy bars on Strats aren't meant for insane tricks. They're usually just used for vibrato. If you're looking to make Dimebag squeals or whatever get a guitar with a Floyd Rose.
nah...im talkin like, hendrix dive-bombs, and yeah its a serious question, i was just wondering if fender didnt use em cuz it didnt work for some reason.
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
Quote by codyshredfoo
nah...im talkin like, hendrix dive-bombs, and yeah its a serious question, i was just wondering if fender didnt use em cuz it didnt work for some reason.

I have no idea but generally locking nuts are used with locking bridges, your best bet are the locking tuners that were suggest earlier and a well lubricated or roller-type nut.

Also it's worth noting that to put a locking nut on your neck you would have to carve lumps out of your neck.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Fender does use locking tuners on some of their American made Strats.

They will help some, but they're not perfect. They don't lock the guitar in tune like a Floyd Rose type locking nut does. They lock the string into the tuning peg hole so there's almost no winds around the post and much less chance of string slippage. The most common causes of the guitar going out of tune are the bridge not returning exactly back to "zero" for some reason and the strings binding behind the nut.
yeah i think im gonna look into the locking tuners first...
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet