Hey guys, I have been looking for a new acoustic guitar for some time now. Today i was watching John Mayer where the light is and he was playing Neon. I fell in love with the guitar he was using so i went on guitarcenter.com and saw that it was over 3,000$ So basically im looking for a guitar that looks and sounds like that one for about 900-1000$ I would also like it to be a Martin. Also don't get mad that im trying to sound like Mayer, it's just i love that guitar.

Oh and I think he uses C-shape acoustic guitars. Thanks!!
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Martin for 1000 is a bad idea. They won't be THAT great. Taylors are ok at that price and Alvarez is good at that price.... the tone shouldn't be THAT hard, but looks a little harder.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Please dont limit yourself to just Martin. At $900-$1000, the only good martin you're going to get(the 15 series) will look and sound absolutely nothing like his. There really is no point trying to sound like him. He uses an OM shaped body, not a C(there's actually no such thing), haha.

Edit: To the poster above. Taylors at $1000 are just a bad idea. You're buying laminate. A Martin at $1000 will actually get you something made of solid wood unlike Taylors. A 15 series martin is actually a VERY good sounding guitar. I especially like the 000-15.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I have no idea what you mean by c shape guitar, but here, you're probably looking for a Martin 16 series...

http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/6127

Edit: Wow, three posts at the same time. And disregard what Artemis said, there are quality Martin guitars at 1000. Taylors are more overpriced than Martins.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Last edited by slidething31 at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by slidething31
I have no idea what you mean by c shape guitar, but here, you're probably looking for a Martin 16 series...

http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/6127

Edit: Wow, three posts at the same time. And disregard what Artemis said, there are quality Martin guitars at 1000. Taylors are more overpriced than Martins.

ok thanks dude. I will just sit back and wait for more recomendations.
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Quote by slidething31

ok. That was just my personal experience trying them out. I haven't played any Martin I like for 1000. But I've played some Taylors I do. Just bad experience I guess.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Any other recomendations??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
bump
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Ok so what is the best acoustic guitar under 1000$ for playing john mayer and clapton??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Anything you like the sound of. Acoustic guitars are really so personal that what sounds best to you may be completely different from what sounds best to me. Even two acoustic guitars of the same model and brand can sound completely different.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
seriously other than all the other suggestions you should look into the high-end epiphone elitist acoustic guitars. they absolutly sound amazing but idk if its what your looking for
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA