just two weeks ago i replaced my strings with ernie ball super slinky 9s, and the high e string broke today. i use the bar, but not excessively, and I thought these strings were supposed to last a long time right? so does anyone know strings that can take some abuse and won't break after a few weeks? thanks
i would say check out elixir strings... alot of people say they have a dull sound, but they work fine for me.
Elixirs are good if you want tone longevity, not structural longevity.

In my experience, they tend to break quite easily.
Try .10s?

I had EB strings break on me a couple of times, but now I use DRs and I havn't had a break since I started using them.

Also wiping down each string after you play makes strings last a lot longer.

Couple of things to try out.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Elixirs are good, and i suggest going up to 10s. Ive had Elixirs on for at least 2 months at a time, and they still sounded good and were intact.
Make sure to stretch your strings before tuning them up for good. (Though I should change them) I get months out of my strings. It also depends how hard you play as well.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
ive used Daddario EXLs and GHS Progressives. not a string has snapped yet but i personally like the GHS better.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Don't use Slinkys on a FR equipped guitar, theyre just a little too "slinky".

IE they pop out the bridge and are prone to snapping.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
I have used Elixirs for a long time now. They last AGES for me, unlike my experience with Rotosound where the low E string broke and almost killed me.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I never have problems with D'Addario EXL 10s.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
idk how you guys play but ive used ghs boomers/progressives, slinkys, DR and the only time ive ever broken a string is whem i go overboard with my floyd. Make sure you are stringing your guitar and clean the strings after you play cuz the sweat from your hand causes rust wich causes weak spots on the string.
I have had EB 10's for a few months now, and then a lot more before that...never had one break on me.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!