i was just curious what people on the boards think about the SV and Flex3 when comparing the two on anything but more specifically tone, especially at high volumes.
Flextone has better modelling. It's like a pod with a powerramp.

If you're buying, don't get either.

EDIT: Disregard, thought it was Spider III
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jul 7, 2008,
flexwave sure win.
the spider valve is just a sit box with tubes in it.
its the same jst louder
I like flextones quite a bit, but from what I've heard of the SV, it sounds somewhere in between tonal crap and Flaming tonal crap (read: MG100hdfx/MG412 half stack)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I had only heard sound clips of the SV and thought they sounded a bit thin. However, last weekend I went out with my friend and he demoed on with a Tele and I liked what I heard. It has the same cheap effects as the Spider 3, but the tonal quality is improved quite a bit with the tube. If it were me, I'd probably still go for a Flextone for it's cheaper cost, better effects and greater versitility compared to the Valve.