For some reason, if you play guitar in front of non-guitar players they'll start screaming out requests like you're a god damn jukebox. I just want to know if there's any real diversity among different area about the requests.

If you've ever found yourself in a similar situation, what songs were requested?
Quote by thrashmetal101
I get alot of country he-bob shit. that's what you get for living in east tennessee, i guess.

I get the same here in Alabama too.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Usually anything from Guitar Hero games. Since that's really as close to guitar as non-guitar noobs get.
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Whatever the person's favourite song is, some people get the idea that a guitarist can play any song on request for some reason.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by FRDesign
Free Bird?
Freebird!!!!
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Hey There Delilah. Or Folsom Prison Blues.
All your base are belong to us.
sublime
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by afromonkeyR0X
Usually anything from Guitar Hero games. Since that's really as close to guitar as non-guitar noobs get.

yeah that's all i ever get...stupid ****ing guitar hero i hate it so much
"Stairway to Heaven", "Iron Man", "Crazy Train", "Freebird", "Hotel California", then just about any song by Eric Clapton. Doesn't happen that often. My friends usually ask me to play "Sweet Child O' Mine" 'cause they know that I know it and then everyone just sings along, which is fun.

On one occasion, a guitarist kept saying I should play "Hotel California" or Hendrix's cover of "All Along the Watchtower" then stated, if he had a guitar at the moment, he would play them. I handed him my guitar. He didn't know how to play the songs, so he played his own stuff and started singing...
I think they request the usual songs because that's all they've heard. Give them a Racer X CD and see what they think haha
FREEBIRD ftw.

btw i'm going to a skynyrd concert august 16
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
GH crap

Sweet child, through the fire and flames,500 Miles (i actually enjoy), party like a rockstar, killing in the name, the "neverland song thats by metallica", iron man, white stripes crap.

and then after play like 2 seconds of the song "ZomG!?! uR LIek Hte BeSt GitarizZt EVAR!?!"

i hate it
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
i get people asking me to play RHCP tunes all the time which annoys me like hell because i guess im a SLIGHT fan, as in i only have SA but so many people assume that i know theyre entire back catalogue
NOPE
lucky, i get smart *** people who ask for stuff like 'eruption' or something outrageously hard.
MY friends and I dressed up like rockstars and played some songs on a float for the 4th. (Easy songs, you know: Bat country, Iron Man, The Hell Song) Ever since, people keep talking about me becoming like the next Van Halen!
ಠ_ಠ

Whenever I play in front of people I have a friend with me, so that way I can say: "Hey, what should I play?" and they usually reply "How about Enter Sandman/One/Sweet Child of Mine/Killing in the Name/Symphony of Distruction/something by The Toy Dolls, because those are the ones I know. So it helps.
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
people usually want me to play extemely easy songs
like Iron Man,Purple Haze,Crazy Train,Barracuda,and Black Magic Woman.
Seems like Iron Man is a somewhat frequent request...good thing it's easy
ಠ_ಠ