im currently setting up my pedal board, i have distoration/overdrive, fuzz and chorus pedals already and i was thinking should i buy a wah wah pedal

can anybody have recommend one and whats the best way to get a really good sound from it?
I wouldn't really go any lower than a Cry Baby for wah pedals.... the Cry Baby is great, and is the most common of wah pedals, so i'd reccommend that unless you're willing to pay more.
well the dunlop crybaby 105Q bass wah is always good. but if you willing to pay more you might wanna check out some others.
I recommend either the Morley Dual Bass Wah or the Dunlop Crybaby 105q. Both are great wahs if you ask me, but I prefer the morley. It comes with a "wide sweep" function that (if I'm not mistaken) the Dunlop model doesn't have. The wide sweep sounds great for funk and metal, but if you want a more "traditional" wah tone, I'd leave the wide sweep function off. The point it, I would much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. . As for getting a good sound out of it, the tone isn't exactly very variable on the wah pedal itself. A good wah sound comes from knowing when to use it, if you ask me, and not overusing it. A bit of practice and you'll be funkin' things up in no time.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I have a 105Q and love it. As for getting a good sound, you have to play around with it unless your an experienced waher. You'll learn quickly what sounds good and what doesn't, especially if you are around others
there are so many wahs out there that you could spend a day just trying a few out. the dunop CB is a great wah and there are man ver. of them. boss also makes there wah with other function built in as well. the ibanez Sreaming demon is awsome as well, havent seen many wahs with a adjustable eq as well. morley aslo makes a bunch of was as well.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I recommend either the Morley Dual Bass Wah or the Dunlop Crybaby 105q. Both are great wahs if you ask me, but I prefer the morley. It comes with a "wide sweep" function that (if I'm not mistaken) the Dunlop model doesn't have. The wide sweep sounds great for funk and metal, but if you want a more "traditional" wah tone, I'd leave the wide sweep function off. The point it, I would much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. . As for getting a good sound out of it, the tone isn't exactly very variable on the wah pedal itself. A good wah sound comes from knowing when to use it, if you ask me, and not overusing it. A bit of practice and you'll be funkin' things up in no time.

But unless I'm mistaken, the Morley doesn't have a volume control or a Q knob, it just has a switch. I prefer the more adjustable parameters, but it is probably more personal preference.
GuitarFreak1387, this is the bass forum; although, you raise a good point. The Ibanez Weeping Demon is a great guitar wah, but it also sounds quite good on bass. I'm usually against this, but it doesn't tend to cut the low end nearly as much as other wahs.

Quote by IndianRockStar
But unless I'm mistaken, the Morley doesn't have a volume control or a Q knob, it just has a switch. I prefer the more adjustable parameters, but it is probably more personal preference.

Personal preference is the key phrase here. With an adjustable volume knob, you might have a possibility of volume swells, or just other changes in volume when the wah is engaged (whereas you might not with the morley, which lacks the volume knob). I'm not sure what the Q knob does, if it adjusts the sweep though, the issue is choosing between a knob and a switch. Switches are quicker, knobs are more precise. I just happen to be a huge morley fan too, so I'm sure that's driving me to say this
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Last edited by Your41Plague12 at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by IndianRockStar
It has a output knob which can change the output of the pedal at either it's traditional or funk setting. It can effectively work as a volume, I'm guessing.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE