I was just wondering, as a lot of guitar companies equip some of their guitars with Licensed Floyd Rose trems, which of these are trustworthy? As in, which of these LFRs are crap, and which ones are reliable?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
the jackson licensed floyd on my guitar crapped out after 3 months if that helps you any
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
jacksons lfrs tend to work pretty well
edit: the message above scres min up but to be honest i have the same guitar and my lfr works great u shouldnt over use it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by killwitneydead
I believe there are already too many threads based on this to count.

Your 2 days of experience on this forum have really given you the expertise to make comments like that. /sarcasm. I'm pretty sure they last thread even relating to LFR's was made weeks ago(long before you joined if you can't do math) and it didn't contain the answers I was looking for.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm so glad you care about me that much to give me a free bump.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by ash_attack
the jackson licensed floyd on my guitar crapped out after 3 months if that helps you any

Quote by gstacey1

Nice. same post time too.
Quote by gstacey1
edit: the message above scres min up but to be honest i have the same guitar and my lfr works great u shouldnt over use it

Which Jackson LFR is on your model? I'm under the impression that there are multiple types of Jackson LRF's. Is it the J580 or something along those lines?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Peavey, Some Jacksons, Some Shecters, and some ESP's have okay trems. Mind you, if you dont have it set up properly, its probably going to crap on you a LOT
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I have DK2m strung with .11's and its still good and i use it everyday + its about a year old.
Quote by Mlrc
Your 2 days of experience on this forum have really given you the expertise to make comments like that. /sarcasm. I'm pretty sure they last thread even relating to LFR's was made weeks ago(long before you joined if you can't do math) and it didn't contain the answers I was looking for.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm so glad you care about me that much to give me a free bump.

Wow, your a hardass, huh?

I been around for 4 more years, jackass, I grew tired of my account and started anew.

And if it didn't have your answers than good for you, make a thread.

I'm guessing your like what.. 14? Without looking at your profile, just your instant hostility, I'd say you just recently realized that girls are attractive and are really pulling for your first lay. Am I right?

Anyways, I have an ltd esp with a floyd and it works perfectly, takes a LONG time to break in new strings where they stay in tune though, Its not double locking.

I also have jackson kelly with an lfr. Best one I've used yet.
^ i feel a ban hammer coming your way.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
mine has the low profile idk any specific model numbers its just the metal used is a little cheap and the allen bolts stripped out easy, i didnt over tighten either i mean either the string slips or your too tight, there didnt seem to be any middle ground
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by killwitneydead

Jeez, bout time I got the answer I wanted XD. Thank you, though it really had to be drawn out of you, huh? And really, I think I'm the winner here. You must feel special cursing out a 15 year old over the internet =P.

Figured I'm 14 without looking at my profile, huh? Weird how some random user who hasn't posted on this thread was looking at my profile 10 minutes ago, a little after I told you to stay off my thread if all you wanted to do was troll =P. Theres no way that could have been your old account, could it? lol
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Last edited by Mlrc at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by killwitneydead
Wow, your a hardass, huh?

I been around for 4 more years, jackass, I grew tired of my account and started anew.

And if it didn't have your answers than good for you, make a thread.

I'm guessing your like what.. 14? Without looking at your profile, just your instant hostility, I'd say you just recently realized that girls are attractive and are really pulling for your first lay. Am I right?

Anyways, I have an ltd esp with a floyd and it works perfectly, takes a LONG time to break in new strings where they stay in tune though, Its not double locking.

BAN HIM YOU READ IT!!!
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Ok, getting on with the actual purpose of this thread...

Does anyone know anything about the LFR's on Deans? Are they produced by Dean, or are they produced by an outside company, and if so, who?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
You can get banned for making a new account?
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
jackson dk2m, not too much of a fan of the LFR but by far its not the worst one
Quote by Vinnie5
You can get banned for making a new account?

Yes, if you have more than one.
Quote by Mlrc
Jeez, bout time I got the answer I wanted XD. Thank you, though it really had to be drawn out of you, huh? And really, I think I'm the winner here. You must feel special cursing out a 15 year old over the internet =P.

Figured I'm 14 without looking at my profile, huh? Weird how some random user who hasn't posted on this thread was looking at my profile 10 minutes ago, a little after I told you to stay off my thread if all you wanted to do was troll =P. Theres no way that could have been your old account, could it? lol

Ha, no sense in arguing, I know you wont beleive me, but the truth is, I beleive (wrongly or not) that a great deal of users on this site are btween 10 and 15, 14 was just the number to pop in first. And I dont have another acount, I wouldnt want to get banned for something like that, now would I.

This is the truth, wether you believe it is of no concern to my person.

EDIT: no hostility, I just enjoy arbitrary dickery occasionally.
Quote by killwitneydead
EDIT: no hostility, I just enjoy arbitrary dickery occasionally.

Likewise XD.

And to Jake, OEM is more of a broad term, isn't it? I don't think it really applies to one particular company or another, does it?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
oem is just a paticular item not in or with any items that are associated with the retail package often times making it cheaper, like with computers, you can buy retail or oem on a processor the only different is really the box it comes in.. oh and no warranty i think
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Well, I do believe it is made for another company and not Dean but more likely made for Dean.
Known Good Trems:

Anything with an Original Floyd Rose; the quality is allegedly going downhill, but they should, presumably, still be better than the really cheapo licensed copies. Just be careful as well, as a couple of different places build OFRs and they aren't all equal (some are made by schaller in germany; i've heard some are made in korea; and ping have a license to make them too).

Ibanez- good ones: edge, lo-pro edge, edge pro, ZR. Maybe the new edge zero (or whatever it's called), but i haven't tried it.

bad Ibanez ones: edge III, edge pro II, edge II, edge III, lo-trs, lo-trs II. avoid these.

Musicman: Good- made by Gotoh.

Suhr: Good, again, Gotohs.

Vigier: Made by Schaller, Good.

Caparison: Schaller, Good.

Various Kahler trems are meant to be good too, but some are meant to be better than others, and I'm not too well-up on them myself.

I've probably missed some good trems as I work on the basis that unless I know they're good, I assume they aren't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lets say I buy a guitar with a licensed floyd rose, but it craps out on me and I buy an OFR. Would it be relatively easy to swap out the old LFR for a new OFR? I also live bye this place called "The American Guitar Museum", where I believe they might be able to do that sort of thing for you, but I really have no idea of what they'd charge to make that sort of replacement.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by Mlrc
Lets say I buy a guitar with a licensed floyd rose, but it craps out on me and I buy an OFR. Would it be relatively easy to swap out the old LFR for a new OFR? I also live bye this place called "The American Guitar Museum", where I believe they might be able to do that sort of thing for you, but I really have no idea of what they'd charge to make that sort of replacement.

Ibanez Edge IIIs are direct swaps for OFRs. Otherwise, it'll require some routing.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Ibanez Edge IIIs are direct swaps for OFRs. Otherwise, it'll require some routing.

Any idea how much that would cost to get done by someone with experience? (Not with the Edge III, just any old LRF)
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Ibanez SAS36FM is one of my guitars and it's tremolo is horrible! One divebomb is enough to whack it out of tune. Avoid! My buddy have a Musicman JP, great tremolo on that one cause of the locking tuners (I think it's Gotoh).
Ibanez SAS36FM is one of my guitars and it's tremolo is horrible! One divebomb is enough to whack it out of tune. Avoid! My buddy have a Musicman JP, great tremolo on that one cause of the locking tuners (I think it's Gotoh).

Thank you kind sir, i needed some information about it. But have you ever considered locking tueners?

Anyways... As far as i heard, the licensed ones aren't great. I tried some kahlers and i liked them tbh , but i can't tell anything more about them.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by Mlrc

it really depends on the LFR... some are a direct swap, some aren't. some have the wrong size studs, but are otherwise a direct swap... etc. etc. you just really need to treat it on a case-by-case basis.

generally, it makes more financial sense to buy a guitar which already has a known good floyd (as long as you get along with the guitar), as it's just handier in the long run.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it really depends on the LFR... some are a direct swap, some aren't. some have the wrong size studs, but are otherwise a direct swap... etc. etc. you just really need to treat it on a case-by-case basis.

generally, it makes more financial sense to buy a guitar which already has a known good floyd (as long as you get along with the guitar), as it's just handier in the long run.

Yeah, that's probably true XD
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by Mlrc
Does anyone know anything about the LFR's on Deans? Are they produced by Dean, or are they produced by an outside company, and if so, who?

The Floyd in Deans are pretty solid pieces. The only thing I don't like about them is how the tremolo arm goes in. They screw in instead of the usual collet-deal. Not a big problem since the socket they screw into moves around, but its just something that bugs me

Also Grover makes all of Dean's hardware (Including the Floyds), unless you order a custom with something else.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
The Floyd in Deans are pretty solid pieces. The only thing I don't like about them is how the tremolo arm goes in. They screw in instead of the usual collet-deal. Not a big problem since the socket they screw into moves around, but its just something that bugs me

Also Grover makes all of Dean's hardware (Including the Floyds), unless you order a custom with something else.

Grover? Really? I did not know that. Meh, maybe I'll end up with an ML or something for my next guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Mlrc
Yeah, that's probably true XD

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?