What key is "sunshine of your love" by cream in? Also what scale does the main riff and solo come from?Thanks
The main riff is in D minor, and shifts to G minor eventually in the verse. I think the chorus is in A minor, although the first chord is actually A major.
so basically i could use either the d minor scale or d minor penatonic scale to solo?
This song confuses the hell out of me, the main riff is in D, the chorus is in A and the solo is in E I believe.
It's a pretty straight forward 12 bar blues song in D. The key doesn't change because the chord changes. D is the I chord, G is the IV chord, and A is the V chord.

It is mostly off the D blues scale, but there are a couple things that aren't directly off it.
the fun part of "sunshine" is clapton playing "Blue Moon" in the beginning of his solo...when you take the solo apart you find its very well crafted..nice tasty lines, and of course that great "woman tone" he gets

wolf
Quote by GeekInThePink
The main riff is in D minor, and shifts to G minor eventually in the verse. I think the chorus is in A minor, although the first chord is actually A major.

You are Exactly Right. My friend, the main guitarist from Two Tons of Steel taught me how to play it