alright so i just got 1gb of ram and i have a question. if i have two different sticks of ram and they run at different MHz will that hinder my performance and if so can i just take the old one out and pop the new one in and thats it?
theres a cool new website out called Google....they have answers to EVERYTHING
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
As far as I know, it will affect performance, but Google will help you here. And yes, you can just take one out and pop in the other.
yes. having them run at different Mhz will affect performance. and RAM changes are quick and fast just like that. turn the comp off, unplug everything and just pop the new one in.
thanx guys. i checked google and it was giving me all this crap that didn't have anything to do with it
Quote by Bair

you sir are a poopmouth.

but ts, i don't think ram working at two different clockspeeds will even work with each other, but if they will you will definitely be affected. always try to match your ram.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
Last edited by thrashmetal101 at Jul 7, 2008,
Dont buy too much RAM, some pc's wont recognize the full amount that you have plugged in depending on what bit system the OS runs on.
Quote by Bair

Orly?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by zxxAACxxz
Dont buy too much RAM, some pc's wont recognize the full amount that you have plugged in depending on what bit system the OS runs on.

That's like 4GB+, on a 32-bit operating system...... TS said he purchased 1 GB.......
Quote by Bair

do they have the answer to why you're a dick? the guy's just asking a question
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
The RAM speed will be affected. It will use the slower speed of the two. for example: If you have a PC2700 and a PC3200 stick of RAM, when installed on the same computer they will both run at PC2700 speeds.
PSN: Chris_P_Chikin
What will happen is that it will run both sticks at the lower ones clock rate. So it will be like having two of the lower ones.
Quote by Bair

1up LOLOLOL i loled so hard at this, im a big fan of google jokes,
Quote by TempoTantrum
do they have the answer to why you're a dick? the guy's just asking a question

Takes one to know one.
Quote by Bair

ummmmm..... isn't that the point of "the pit"? to ask random shizza and make random threads?
i can't believe i made a thread about this. i just popped it in and took the old ones out and that was it. can someone lock this so it dies?
If you have two different speeds, the faster one will clock itself down to match the slow one.