Page 1 of 2
So, Pit, wondering how many of you have been pursuing some sort of sexytime (or, if you're a fag, a committed relationship*) with a lovely boy / girl and then when you finally get the balls to ask them, he / she is all like "Oh, I don't want to ruin our amazing friendship". It's pretty demotivating and embarrasing, but I just find it frustrating. It's not happened to me in a while now, partly cause I try and avoid it.

Tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to, Pit. Can't let it get me down though, plenty more fish in the sea and all of that.

(*JOKE. Relationships are usually cool.)

inb4 relationship thread... this isnt really about relationships. Just FAILED ones.
It's definitely relationship thread material. It's probably just because you're either ugly or have a flawed personality though.
Quote by GiantRaven
Whats wrong with friends?

Being friends is cool when you don't want something more with said person and being friends is what is preventing that.

Quote by smb
It's definitely relationship thread material. It's probably just because you're either ugly or have a flawed personality though.

oh ye men awesome input thx bro.

any1 gut a plaxtic surgeons fone no?
Quote by GiantRaven
Whats wrong with friends?

that
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by guitardude34875
would you fuck your best friend?

Mine's a hot blonde
So yes, yes I would **** my best friend
ohai little sig.
The funny thing is you believe them that the reason they don't want you is because they value your friendship.
Quote by guitardude34875

Yes, but he wouldn't like it much...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by guitardude34875
yeah, like a girl will want to exchange numbers with me, but she just wants to be friends, wtf?

Oddly enough friends tend to have each other mobile numbers...

Quote by guitardude34875

Aw hell noez!
Quote by GiantRaven
Oddly enough friends tend to have each other mobile numbers...

Aw hell noez!

well, if a girl asked for your number, what do you think she wants? or what do you want from her?
Quote by smb
The funny thing is you believe them that the reason they don't want you is because they value your friendship.

But in my case I am really good friends with the girl, and I have had previous girl friends, by no means am I stud of the year but I'm not repulsive either. The whole friendzone thing being her excuse seemed very plausible.

Now can you kindly go be an asshole in another thread. I'm bored with you now.
They know if they wanted you they could have you. The answer is simply that they don't want you. Focus on someone else who might.
Quote by guitardude34875
well, if a girl asked for your number, what do you think she wants? or what do you want from her?

My gut instinct would be of course to think she might be interested in me and possibly if I thought she seemed nice I would also be interested

That being said misinterpretation could happen
Quote by smb
They know if they wanted you they could have you. The answer is simply that they don't want you. Focus on someone else who might.

I know that. Hence my "plenty more fish in the sea" part of my original post. I'm just saying it sucks. Jeez.
Quote by GiantRaven
My gut instinct would be of course to think she might be interested in me and possibly if I thought she seemed nice I would also be interested

That being said misinterpretation could happen

EXACTLY
that's how this thing happens in the first place, amirite?
Quote by guitardude34875
yeah, like a girl will want to exchange numbers with me, but she just wants to be friends, wtf?

i know man, WTF

i mean, what does she do with her friends, text them or something?
OMG

what a bitch, right?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by CrazyDavey
she is all like "Oh, I don't want to ruin our amazing friendship".

You just fell for the oldest line in the book. You has F-F-F-F-F-FAYY....sugar can't say it
If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you're asking her to do; none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy, or not feeling well, or is genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses, then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and forget about the rejections.
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Being friends is cool. When your friends you can joke around about anything. And if you say/do something wrong, you didn't ruin a relationship because your friends. Friends rock!

I'm so lonely....
Why do people even bother with girls? Its all emotional mind games and other useless bull****. I saved my self oh so much greif, time and life by swearing them off. Thread starter should do this as well.
Quote by dark_gilbert
i know man, WTF

i mean, what does she do with her friends, text them or something?
OMG

what a bitch, right?

so your saying if you asked for a girls number, you would just want to be friends?
Quote by TempoTantrum
If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you're asking her to do; none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy, or not feeling well, or is genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses, then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and forget about the rejections.

sir, what fortune cookie did you happen to get this from?

seriously, it sounds like something right out of one!!!
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Why do people even bother with girls? Its all emotional mind games and other useless bull****. I saved my self oh so much greif, time and life by swearing them off. Thread starter should do this as well.

lolz at the ugly kid XD

kidding.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
You'd think that being in a new place full of hundreds and hundreds of people would eventually lead to someone taking an interest in you right? ~sigh~

I'll just hope Uni'll be better.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Pizza The Hut

... I'll pass.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
You'd think that being in a new place full of hundreds and hundreds of people would eventually lead to someone taking an interest in you right? ~sigh~

Theres always the option to get a boyfriend from The Pit if things get too dire. :|

But I wouldn't recommend that. Loneliness is better
Last edited by CrazyDavey at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

if you move away from manchester (to anywhere but London)... it SUCKS!
Quote by CrazyDavey
Theres always the option to get a boyfriend from The Pit if things get too dire. :|

I do doubt that happening. Not to say that there aren't lovely people here, but they're mostly very far away.

Quote by untalented
if you move away from manchester (to anywhere but London)... it SUCKS!

I'm off to Blackpool. Can't imagine it'll be too bad.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by guitardude34875
sir, what fortune cookie did you happen to get this from?

seriously, it sounds like something right out of one!!!

thom yorke of radiohead wrote it on the dvd Meeting People Is Easy
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I'm off to Blackpool. Can't imagine it'll be too bad.

At least you get the beach and a theme park!
...although blackpool beach isn't exactly fun
Quote by guitardude34875
so your saying if you asked for a girls number, you would just want to be friends?

jeez, just because she's a girl doesn't mean i want to violate her or be her wife.
I've got plenty of girl-friends that i haven't thought about asking out twice, not because they're ugly, some are very attractive, but because of their personality. You can't get with everything with a vagina, i'm happy being friends with them because they're a laugh and what i would expect in any guy friend. It's not something to generalize about, not every teenager is as horny as my mum
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Last edited by dark_gilbert at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by untalented
At least you get the beach and a theme park!
...although blackpool beach isn't exactly fun

I love Blackpool, including the beach
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by dark_gilbert
jeez, just because she's a girl doesn't mean i want to violate her or be her wife.
I've got plenty of girl-friends that i haven't thought about asking out twice, not because they're ugly, some are very attractive, but because of their personality. You can't get with anything with a vagina, i'm happy being friends with them because they're a laugh and what i would expect in any guy friend. It's not something to generalize about, not every teenager is as horny as my mum

I understand, but, idk, maybe I just suck at interpreting what people want or somethin, idk, im kinda sick of debating about this and making myself lok like an idiot in the pit, I have friends that are girls too, idk
Page 1 of 2