Does anyone here own either the head or combo versions of the VOX Classic Plus Series and if so, what is your opinion?
Does it have the same crisp cleans of the AC30 or even close to it?
What is the second channel like? Can you get a vintage, high gain Marshall sound?
I want to know what this amp is like overall as it sounds like the perfect amp for me:
VOX cleans and Marshall overdrive. That would be really awesome as most of my influences use either VOX or Marshall amps.
If you own either the 50w or 100w head, what cabinet you are running it through?
I'm considering running the AC50CPH Head it through the VOX V212BNX Cab (2 Celestion Blue Alnico Speakers). Is this a good choice?

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Jul 7, 2008,
i dont think that cab will handle the power of the amp, you might want to get a 212 with celestion golds instead

i have no input on the amps but im interested as to what other people have to say
really? thanks, that could have saved me making a huge mistake. but i've done research and the singer of MAE uses the exact same setup...

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
I'm considering running the AC50CPH Head it through the VOX V212BNX Cab (2 Celestion Blue Alnico Speakers). Is this a good choice?

That's a 30W cab, you'll want something that can handle more power.

Reviews on the Classic Plus series are somewhat mixed. I haven't really put in the time to give you a real opinion.

From your description of what you want, maybe an Orange Rocker 30, AD30, or Rockerverb 50 would be worth looking into.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks Slats, I was actually considering a Valvetronix. I also checked out those Oranges. They sound sweet but are quite pricey and the colour is a bit of a turn-off.

Anyone know if there's any difference between the Black/Silver VTs and the Blue ones (I think it's the AD60VTH).

Quote by acdcrocks0323
If you were going to get a AC50CPH through that cab and are now considering a Valvetronix, you are crazy. No offense. Get the AC30 combo with the 2 Alnico Blues and that will be one GREAT amp.

Yes, but I'm looking for versatile amp and the AC30 seems to only suit classic rock. Maybe thats just on its own. I've never heard one with a Tubescreamer or distortion pedal. Plus, the AlNiCo Blues seem to have a nasal sound using distortion, whereas the VTs use Vox/Wharfdale Speakers (or NeoDogs in the AD60.

Quote by JMcG92
Thanks Slats, I was actually considering a Valvetronix. I also checked out those Oranges. They sound sweet but are quite pricey and the colour is a bit of a turn-off.

Anyone know if there's any difference between the Black/Silver VTs and the Blue ones (I think it's the AD60VTH).

Valvetronix are really good, you wouldn't be disappointed. The Silver VTs are the normal Valvetronix with a wide range of tones and theres 15, 30, 50 and 100 (Watts that is). The black ones are the same but are Valvetronix-XL which means the presets on it are mostly based for Metal, and theres two of the effects knobs which means you can use two different effects at the same time.

Normal Valvetronix:

AD15VT
AD30VT
AD50VT
AD100VT

Valvetronix-XL:

AD15VT-XL
AD30VT-XL
AD50VT-XL
AD100VT-XL
The classic Plus is a really great amp, get the Vox Cleans and Marshall Overdrives really well. But since you live in Ireland I don't think an orange amp would be that much more expensive, and can do those things 100x better.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
O RLY??

lol sorry.
yeah it depends on how much money I can make this summer + selling my old amp.
if I had to choose it would definitely be the AC30, but if i get playing an orange and like it better, i'll shoot for that.

Hey, I've been looking at Weber speakers and damn are they cheap. Sound pretty good too.
What about the Classic Plus head through a Blue Dog and a Silver Bell (in a custom cabinet)?
Also, is there a HUGE difference between the 10" and 12" AlNiCos, because the 12" is twice the price.
If I were to go for the Webers, what Resistance/Wattage would I need to get?