ok so i posted a previous thread about new body shape ideas from everyone and i didnt get much feedback. I decided to cut the shape into a V. Problem is that i'll cut into one of the cavities. I need to figure out how to fix that. I thought about recessing a piece of wood there and sanding it down to match the body. i'll put a hole there for the input. Also the V shape i have now is kinda wierd. i need any ideas/examples on how to make it look more symmetrical (not completely but less of a oragami shape). i want something like a jackson rr or an esp.

heres the body^

heres my V^

thats where it cuts into the cavity^

thats my input jack idea.^

any help would be greatly appreciated. i'd like to finish this in the next week.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Last edited by NSHSpolevault at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by FourFortyFour
wouldnt that be a small V?

yeah but i dont mind. the body is huge right now. i need a bass case to take it anywhere.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
ok i have everything measured out and sketched on the body. turns out it will be a super tiny v but i really dont mind. i'm still open for discussion tho so give me some ideas. and i still dont kno if my cavity cover up is right.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Scrap the body, everything you want to do to it won't work very well.
If you put the input jack there, then you wouldn't be able to use the hole for the knob closest to the edge.
Quote by Mecler
Scrap the body, everything you want to do to it won't work very well.
If you put the input jack there, then you wouldn't be able to use the hole for the knob closest to the edge.

i'm probably gonna move the knob anyways so that i can play it sitting down too.

edit: i meant input jack. i'm moving that.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
ok so i started cutting the body today. here's what i did to cover that cavity.
i just took a chizel to recess the insert piece. i inserted the piece with glue. its drying now and it'll look better once in make it all even and sand it down. oh and the body isn't cut all the way yet cuz my dad took his tools with him for the weekend.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Honestly, you would have had better luck doing something other than a V, but good luck!
i finished all the cutting today. now its just sanding stuff. theres still little imperfections that i need to do in order to make it look finished. i also used some wood puddy to fill up the gaps by the input jack. once thats dry i'll make it look like a little pedestal input. (area around input will be raised). pics will be up soon.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
i would of done something more original but its up to you. im not like a guitar expert so i cant really give any advise...:p
ok so i finished puddying the cavity cover. tomorrow i'll finish sanding the rest of the body and hopefully start paint.

heres the pic for the puddied up cover.

heres it after i sanded it down. the cover will actually be raised a little and thats where the input will be.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
finally finished paint. now i'm just gonna clear coat it a couple more times. i also recut the headstock. i like this design. there used to be this really tacky silver plate thingy for the stagg logo. i took it off and put my own logo on there.(my band).

tell me what you think so far.

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!