today i stopped by my local music store to find a used ibanez JEM for 450 dollars, i didnt get to look at it or play it really so im gonna stop by the store again to check it out but i want to figure out what specific model it is and i was hoping you all could help me out. It had a floral pattern and a pink vine inlay.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Does it look like this but with different colors, a pink inlay, differently arranged flowers, and not signed by Vai?

O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

For that cheap, I assume it's a JEM 555 which are utter crap...

EDIT: NVM, from your description it doesn't sound like one. Pictures would be helpful though...
lol joe... i think the flowers were different, do they make a different floral patterned jem
i looked on jemsite and couldnt find it...
They do make some different floral patterns. But for one that cheap either they dont know what they have or it has some problems.
Quote by C.C. Deville
i looked on jemsite and couldnt find it...

That combined with the low price would make me very cautious. I think it would be pretty hard not to know what a JEM is (and what they're worth) so I'm starting to think that it's fake...
Buy it, you'll probably never find one for that cheap ever again.
If you don't like it, try and return it. If that fails, seek out Craigslist and sell it for more than you paid.
i registered at the jemsite forums im gonna ask there, yeah i reallly hope its not a fake... next time i go to see it ill take pics and look at the serial number and stuff
Quote by Mecler
Buy it, you'll probably never find one for that cheap ever again.
If you don't like it, try and return it. If that fails, seek out Craigslist and sell it for more than you paid.

thats a damned good idea. that guy figures out it's fake and calls the cops on your. you go to court, get your ass sued, go to jail for fraud and blame the store. The store says "wtf idiot you bought the **** without asking if it were real or fake so we sold it to you hahaha what a sad day for you . then you can live a happy life in jail and get goodd hot wet sex every night by the biggest black guy ever. nice. what a great idea. why didnt i think of that? awesome
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
thats a damned good idea. that guy figures out it's fake and calls the cops on your. you go to court, get your ass sued, go to jail for fraud and blame the store. The store says "wtf idiot you bought the **** without asking if it were real or fake so we sold it to you hahaha what a sad day for you . then you can live a happy life in jail and get goodd hot wet sex every night by the biggest black guy ever. nice. what a great idea. why didnt i think of that? awesome

It's not illegal to own fake things, however, it is illegal to sell them, the STORE would get in trouble, not the TS, and also

*Reported* for racism.
you dont have to report him for something like that e_e... and i found out it is a fake, i should mention it to the store owner haha
Quote by C.C. Deville
you dont have to report him for something like that e_e... and i found out it is a fake, i should mention it to the store owner haha

Yes you should, and I reported him for that because the posts that I've seen him make are quite offensive and annoying, he's quite arrogant you see.
Quote by apak

that's a ****ing terrible thing to say you disgust me. please get off this forum you don't deserve the amenities this site provides.

and yeah you should probably mention to the store that it's a fake and see what they say. better yet, ask them if it's real and see what they say.

by the way ts, your avatar is unreal. it's pretty much my best friend at this point in time. it has more personality than my girlfriend.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jul 8, 2008,
jeez you guys in electric guitar are uptight and thank you i like my avatar very much
and i love everything about the posted guitar =P
Last edited by C.C. Deville at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Does it look like this but with different colors, a pink inlay, differently arranged flowers, and not signed by Vai?

Sexy JEM pic

I'm not usually a fan of JEMs or whatever, not my style of music, and I don't usually dig the ones I see (white with gold hardware typically) but that is fckin' beautiful.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by C.C. Deville
jeez you guys in electric guitar are uptight and thank you i like my avatar very much

meh i wouldn't say uptight, but i didn't find that funny at all, and i'm not the only one.
Quote by Highbinder
I'm not usually a fan of JEMs or whatever, not my style of music, and I don't usually dig the ones I see (white with gold hardware typically) but that is fckin' beautiful.

haha have you not seen JEMs other than the white and gold ones? their are many many amazingly beautiful ones out there
Quote by tona_107
meh i wouldn't say uptight, but i didn't find that funny at all, and i'm not the only one.

and trust me, i'm just about the farthest you get from supporting political correctness.
Quote by C.C. Deville
and i love everything about the posted guitar =P

I can be uptight at times, but he's the first person I've reported for an offensive post in this forum.

I have reported some Pit Monkeys for spam though.
at that price i doubt you'll get anything nice. because i think shops are not stupid.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain