I have been playing guitar for a couple months now and I picked it up in the first place to play rock and blues. I have tried some rock songs but now I want to move more into the blues.

I was wondering what you guys think is the most important things to learn for blues and the best place to find lessons/examples.

Also I was wondering what kind of riffs you enjoy playing so I can give them a shot

Thanks in advance

Royal
Quote by SungWismyName
What does sustain,pickup, and humblewockey(its wrong but it sounds liek this) mean on electric guitars?
Learn 12 bar blues! There are a few versions of it:

4 Bars of the I chord 1 Bars of the I chord
2 Bars of the IV chord 1 Bars of the IV chord
2 Bars of the I chord or 2 Bars of the I chord
1 Bars of the V chord 2 Bars of the IV chord
1 Bars of the IV chord 2 Bars of the I chord
2 Bars of the I chord 1 Bar of the V chord
1 Bar of the IV chord
2 Bars of the I Chord

Notice how both versions contain 12 bars... most blues are a form of either of these...

A few cool riffs to learn are "Crossroads" by Cream, or "Born With a Broken Heart" by Kenny Wayne Shephard.
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
There's only one "g" in Beginner and there are two "n's."

On topic: Learn your minor pentatonic scale and all their variations, and your blues scales.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Please do a search as there are at least half a dozen of these threads already.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic