I've just downloaded an ISO file in 7 parts but I have no idea on how to actually put it all together and the website I downloaded it from doesn't offer much advise.
Can anyone help me out?
Quote by consecutive e
I've just downloaded an ISO file in 7 parts but I have no idea on how to actually put it all together and the website I downloaded it from doesn't offer much advise.
Can anyone help me out?

You LoseRAR. lolz
Quote by dark&broken
extract one
they should all extract automatically if its what i think it is

I'll try it now. Would make sense considering how long it takes to extract just one of them. But I am on vista currently
Quote by consecutive e
I'll try it now. Would make sense considering how long it takes to extract just one of them. But I am on vista currently

Are the extensions all .r01, .r02 etc.? if so then extracting one should put it all together.

and what does vista have to do with anything?
Quote by dark&broken
Are the extensions all .r01, .r02 etc.? if so then extracting one should put it all together.

and what does vista have to do with anything?

Vista has a bad reputation for terribly slow file transfer speeds. You were right though. thanks a million man.
Vista sucks..I have it
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Ahh WinRAR, they think Im gonna pay for it, after all of these years... Still goin strong, after the 40 days they threaten.
Quote by consecutive e
Vista has a bad reputation for terribly slow file transfer speeds. You were right though. thanks a million man.

I've never had issues with slow transfer speed... then again a quad-core processor and 4 gigs of ram on a sata drive probably helps...
You only need to extract one of the files(usually named file.rar or file.r001/.001) and the rest of the files will be uncompressed automatically.

When the files have been extracted (uncompressed), a CD/DVD image file will be produced.

ISO files are image files ( exact digital replica of a disc, whereby all of the data is stored in one file to completely preserve the data structure and integrity of the disc). In laymans terms, you can just think of ISO files as a digital copy of the contents on the disc contained within a single file.

You have two options:

1) Mount the ISO file to a virtual drive with software like PowerISO, Daemon Tools, MagicISO, Alcohol 120%, etc.

2) Burn the ISO file to a disc
Last edited by Negative Burn at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by Negative Burn
ISO files are image files ( exact digital replica of a disc, whereby all of the data is stored in one file to completely preserve the data structure and integrity of the disc). In laymans terms, you can just think of ISO files as a digital copy of the contents on the disc contained within a single file.

You have two options:

1) Mount the ISO file to a virtual drive with software like PowerISO, Daemon Tools, MagicISO, Alcohol 120%, etc.

2) Burn the ISO file to a disc

The problem was getting 7 parts of the ISO into one, not mounting it. You fail.
Quote by InvaderTSN
The problem was getting 7 parts of the ISO into one, not mounting it. You fail.

I edited my post just as you posted. next,lol!
Quote by Negative Burn
I edited my post just as you posted. next,lol!

The thread says WINRAR help not Magic ISO help but thanks for typing all that out anyway I guess.