Page 1 of 3
Reported?

....narc?

Anyway....that's a sweet looking guitar why no pics of the whole thing so we bask in its entire beauty?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Welcome.

*not reported*
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by AngelOfHatred
ITS FAKE HAHAHAHAHAHA ... ....

... Probably not.

Why did you have to say that? Now I'm obsessed with figuring out if it's real or not.

At first it looked fine, but there are a couple weird things about it like the fretboard, the logo inlay, some of the screws, and the tuners are off too. It could just be an old model, but it doesn't look like a new one that's for sure...
Quote by T!AN
Why did you have to say that? Now I'm obsessed with figuring out if it's real or not. At first it looked fine, but there are a couple weird things about it like the fretboard, the logo inlay, some of the screws, and the tuners are off too. It could just be an old model, but it doesn't look like a new that's for sure...

Yeah, it's definitely fake. You should probably just give it to me.

Quote by AngelOfHatred
Yeah, it's definitely fake. You should probably just give it to me.

Yeah I know I shouldn't be wasting my time worrying about stupid **** like this, but I thought I'd just post some observations...
Quote by T!AN
Yeah I know I shouldn't be wasting my time worrying about stupid **** like this, but I thought I'd just post some observations...

I'm just kidding man...

But it does look odd to me. I'm gonna go check if the Customs come with rosewood or ebony...
Check the serial number against either Gibson's website or the Guitar Dater project...?

EDIT: You can use this link: http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Musicians friend says the Customs have ebony finger boards, not rosewood... I dunno if it's just the light in the picture that makes it look like rosewood, or if it's an older model or something...
^ Ebony is always pretty dark...

But I just realized the headstock does look odd like [P|E|R|S|O|N] said. It could just be the camera angle, but it does look different from

I kind of feel like an ass for trying to prove someone's guitar is a fake, but it sure is fun, lol...
Quote by T!AN
^ Ebony is always pretty dark...

But I just realized the headstock does look odd like [P|E|R|S|O|N] said. It could just be the camera angle, but it does look different from

I kind of feel like an ass for trying to prove someone's guitar is a fake, but it sure is fun, lol...

The tuners are also different. I know the Epi customs come with the Grovers, but the Gibsons come with the Gibson tuners, don't they?

EDIT: Also, the inlay on the first fret looks smaller in his picture compared to that... might just be me, though.
Last edited by AngelOfHatred at Jul 7, 2008,
^ I thought the tuners were odd at first, but I've found a couple models that have the same type.

What I haven't found though is a guitar with gold screws on the outside corners of the pickup rings. They're always black.
the truss rod covers are different too. the on in the original post has a more rounded top, where the mounting screw goes thru. and the bottom part of the cover at the nut is also different. the one in the original post isn't as wavy.

the bridge might be a big give-away too. can you tell what might be wrong with it?
a cookie goes to the first correct answer
just for reference:
http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/p17481-85c29d20fc82939bb7a85447ab204e9d.jpg
Last edited by sethp at Jul 7, 2008,
Quote by sethp
the bridge might be a big give-away too. can you tell what might be wrong with it?
a cookie goes to the first correct answer
just for reference:
http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/p17481-85c29d20fc82939bb7a85447ab204e9d.jpg

The top of the posts are rounded... yay cookie for me!

Quote by mmjohn
nice way to welcome a new member.

lawl. There's no ****in' around on UG.
The top of the posts are rounded... yay cookie for me!

i was looking at the lack of slant from low E to high E
^ yeah, no slant in the TS pic
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by mmjohn
nice way to welcome a new member.

lmao yup..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Wow...pwnt.
Definitely a fake though. The diamond inlay is too small, rosewood board, the edges of the headstock don't flare up enough, and the dead giveaway is that it's got large posts on the bridge. USA gibsons have small posts, Epiphones and asian-built guitars have large posts.
Quote by Roc8995
Wow...pwnt.
Definitely a fake though. The diamond inlay is too small, rosewood board, the edges of the headstock don't flare up enough, and the dead giveaway is that it's got large posts on the bridge. USA gibsons have small posts, Epiphones and asian-built guitars have large posts.
The trussrod cover isn't quite right either
yes thats a fake, Customs have Ebony Boards and Grover Metal Tulip Tuners, and the headstock is the wrong shape, sorry dude
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
This is perfect, you guys realize his user name is "lespaulowner68" right? He's probably making a new acount right now. "My guitar shop bent me over"

This will be the ballsiest noob ever (not saying much, but still) if he posts in this thread again.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Don't the customs have Ebony fretboards?

ITS FAKE HAHAHAHAHAHA ... ....

... Probably not.

Stop scaring him.

But I do think Customs come with Ebony...Some that is.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by KISSguitarist
Stop scaring him.

But I do think Customs come with Ebony...Some that is.

all customs have an ebony fretboard, and it is fake. lots of other things about it are wrong
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
all customs have an ebony fretboard, and it is fake. lots of other things about it are wrong

No they don't. Not all come with Ebony but most do. I just always thought White Gibson's have Rosewood.

But it is defiantly a fake just look at the TOM.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

The spacing in between the letters looks funny.

Can we see a picture of the whole guitar, the inlays look strange as well.

Welcome btw.
I love white guitars!
Quote by FourSticks17
Check the serial number against either Gibson's website or the Guitar Dater project...?

EDIT: You can use this link: http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx

do you have any idea how easy it is to copy a serial number? that can't prove anything.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
It's fake. Real Customs have ebony fretboards, the headstock looks slightly wrong, the tuners are not tuners you find stock on a new Gibson, and in both pictures you can see that the neck binding goes under the frets. On a genuine Gibson, the binding goes over the fret ends. The only thing they really got right over other fakes is the truss rod cover, which is such a well known fake sign now, that many fakes are starting to have a genuine-looking one.

Sorry dude, your guitar isn't a real Gibson.
omg.. poor guy..! Welcome to UG....! I hope you've got a thick skin to mingle with this lot.. lol

Freshman acoustic
IbanezGAX70
DIGITECH RP100
Quote by Cryptorchild
*reported*

mehpoorted (says mockingly)

nice guitar by the way
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
heh, the body horn doesnt look right either
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12