so i bootleged sony acid pro 6.0

i open it for the first time, i literally shat a brick. there were all these dots and bars, i was like wtf is this ****.
anyone know of any good online resources for this program. ive mastered audacity and i decided i should upgrade :P
that and ive used pro tools and this is making me shat bricks
Quote by convictionless
so i bootleged sony acid pro 6.0

buttheads like this should be banned.
Banned for doing something that has no detrimental effect on the forums whatsoever?
There is poetry in despair.
Yeah exactly, clearly you guys have never been strapped for cash before. Most of us here live in the real world...you know...the one where it doesn't make sense to pay many thousands of your hard earn cash when you can download the exact same product for free. I dunno about you guys, but some of us have a family to look after. You wanna ban me for saying that? go for it. Don't feel guilty about not wanting to waste your money dude, you should be able to download an instruction manual somewhere, if it didn't already come with it which most DL'd products do. And for future reference, if you have a question about a program don't mention that you bootlegged it, theres these mod wanna be's on most forums who think they're morally above everyone because their parents give them an allowance of more than my sallary, most of em have never left their basement and have no understanding about the real world.
Last edited by f*ck 0ff at Jul 8, 2008,
F*ck off

I don't care what your situation is. There is never a valid reason to pirate software. I agree banning someone for mentioning bootlegging software is over the top, but either way, there is no need to discuss doing it on this forum. I've been strapped for cash, we all have. But we don't take the easy way out and pirate. We save our pennies, or settle for something that cost less, or make do with what we have. Why pirate software you're not going to know how to use, when he could have just as easily shelled out $40 and had a full functioning copy of Reaper, a DAW that for most peoples needs will meet them with exemplary results.

And secondly, just because your salary isn't enough to support the miniscule cost of the equipment required to have a perfectly usable home studio, doesn't mean we're all as under-paid as you I fail to see where you come up with these 'many thousand figures', every top of the line DAW with the exception of PTHD can be had for well under $1000, and in most cases, well under $500. In the TS'ers case, $300 without the included $100 mail in rebate =D
MrPillow, I understand what you're saying. My problem is that I don't think these forums are really the place for people to judge and argue with others because oftheir tendency to pirate. It's really none of my business if someone wants to steal their software or not, it's theirs IMO.
Quote by MrPillow
F*ck off

I don't care what your situation is. There is never a valid reason to pirate software. I agree banning someone for mentioning bootlegging software is over the top, but either way, there is no need to discuss doing it on this forum. I've been strapped for cash, we all have. But we don't take the easy way out and pirate. We save our pennies, or settle for something that cost less, or make do with what we have. Why pirate software you're not going to know how to use, when he could have just as easily shelled out $40 and had a full functioning copy of Reaper, a DAW that for most peoples needs will meet them with exemplary results.

And secondly, just because your salary isn't enough to support the miniscule cost of the equipment required to have a perfectly usable home studio, doesn't mean we're all as under-paid as you I fail to see where you come up with these 'many thousand figures', every top of the line DAW with the exception of PTHD can be had for well under $1000, and in most cases, well under $500. In the TS'ers case, $300 without the included $100 mail in rebate =D

Ofcourse there is a valid reason for pirating, I have a right to feed my family and have a passion for recording. Thankfully recently I've had the cash to be able to do both legally and legitimately, and i'm not in such a bad financial situation right now but I have been, I think you people need to wake up to yourself and get of your ****ing high horse.

Edit: and claiming that I don't know how to use the programs I have was an unfounded cheap shot, you don't know me, if you did you would know I have education in engineering that I worked hard for, instead of having my parents my buy me an education.
Last edited by f*ck 0ff at Jul 8, 2008,
Let's not get into a flaming war . It's an issue a lot of people feel strongly about, but it's not great if we start abusing each other over it, when this is normally such a nice corner of the site .Basically, at the end of the day, this software IS expensive, and I'm not going to berate someone who is young or may not have a lot of money simply because they want to learn to record.

A lot of the legitimate software is purchased by people who first used a cracked copy anyway.
Quote by f*ck 0ff
Ofcourse there is a valid reason for pirating, I have a right to feed my family and have a passion for recording. Thankfully recently I've had the cash to be able to do both legally and legitimately, and i'm not in such a bad financial situation right now but I have been, I think you people need to wake up to yourself and get of your ****ing high horse.

Edit: and claiming that I don't know how to use the programs I have was an unfounded cheap shot, <b>you don't know me</b>, if you did you would know I have education in engineering that I worked hard for,<b> instead of having my parents my buy me an education</b>.

Hypocrite much? And pirating=stealing, people worked to make that software and they deserve to be paid for when you use it. Yes its overpriced, but get over it. Other people can manage to pay for it so you can. We've heard your excuses, but nothing changes the fact that its stealing.
I'm reporting f*ck 0ff, you consistantly give bad advice on this forum and flame people for their opinions. Pirating is stealing, if someone is poor but wants a new car does that entitle them to steal a car? I don't think so.

To TS^

Sometimes under the "help" menu it can give you a PDF manual. I'm not sure if this program has that or not, I've never used it.
well, i got the cracked one cause, whats the point of a 15 year old kid who wants to be a recording engineer and a sound tech to spend 300 bucks on a program he might not even be able to use or not "get". do you know how stupid that would be if i had spent that much money on a program that i didnt know how to use...
Quote by altgrunge
I'm reporting f*ck 0ff, you consistantly give bad advice on this forum and flame people for their opinions. Pirating is stealing, if someone is poor but wants a new car does that entitle them to steal a car? I don't think so.

To TS^

Sometimes under the "help" menu it can give you a PDF manual. I'm not sure if this program has that or not, I've never used it.

Fair enough, there was no need for that level of flaming. Piracy is indeed stealing, but unless you're someone who has never downloaded a music track for free, then you have no right to comment on that.
Quote by convictionless
well, i got the cracked one cause, whats the point of a 15 year old kid who wants to be a recording engineer and a sound tech to spend 300 bucks on a program he might not even be able to use or not "get". do you know how stupid that would be if i had spent that much money on a program that i didnt know how to use...

I'm 15 too..if you can't figure out the program after using the knowledge of people from forums or help files from the program. Then you can resell the program on ebay. don't be stupid.
Quote by DuhSpesoBoyz
I'm 15 too..if you can't figure out the program after using the knowledge of people from forums or help files from the program. Then you can resell the program on ebay. don't be stupid.

lol, i dont even go on evil bay, i would have to make a new account, no one would buy from. and second, it will cost money to ship and stuff. its more conveinient to download it. and i figured it out.
but i dont know why you make such a big deal. it shouldnt matter if i bootleged it or not. the only reason i mentioned it cause there wasnt a manual that came with it. but i mostly figured it out on my own today.
Why did you not just purchase a legitimate copy of Reaper for $40? It can do pretty much everything you will ever need it to do, as I doubt you got Acid for its advanced looping and beat slicing features. Acid is a DAW geared towards the hip-hip/electronica side of things. Reaper is much better suited to recording and mixing audio.
That's a fair point. Acid in my opinion is sub par compared to other DAW's anyway, IMO. If you're going to steal, at least steal the best
I'll admit I was a bit out of line, the point I was trying to make is that you guys have no idea about this guy's situation, so its easy for you to sit behind your computer on your moral high horses and tell him that its wrong and try to make him feel guilty, he has the right to grow as an musician and an engineer which I don't believe can be done to the fullest extent on programs like audacity and reaper, why he chose to download acid is beyond me. I know I told you guys that you need to grow up, and said some childish things and for that I appologize but I still stand by what I said, and this has nothing to do with being reported, thats not any concern to me what so ever.
I still don't understand why you don't see Reaper as a viable DAW basis. It is nearly as functional as most high end systems, and can do EVERYTHING someone who doesn't have years of experience will ask it to do without problems, especially someone who is just starting working with software of this type.
Quote by f*ck 0ff
I'll admit I was a bit out of line, the point I was trying to make is that you guys have no idea about this guy's situation, so its easy for you to sit behind your computer on your moral high horses and tell him that its wrong and try to make him feel guilty, he has the right to grow as an musician and an engineer which I don't believe can be done to the fullest extent on programs like audacity and reaper, why he chose to download acid is beyond me. I know I told you guys that you need to grow up, and said some childish things and for that I appologize but I still stand by what I said, and this has nothing to do with being reported, thats not any concern to me what so ever.

your lucky that there is almost no moderation done on this section of the forum!

you'd be warned/banned by now. you apologized tho so -->

threadstarter probably wont be back for fear of the FBI jumping through his window, but ill be a pioneer and try and help him with his querie.....

...try youtube? they have video guides for DAW's there. I didnt specifically check for Acid but im sure there are more than a few.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I appologized for being childish, but I make no appologies for helping the threadstarter, if they want to ban me for that they're welcome to.
Quote by f*ck 0ff
I appologized for being childish, but I make no appologies for helping the threadstarter, if they want to ban me for that they're welcome to.

thats what i mean, you apologized for acting childish.

as far as im concerned, as long as the person gets help on this forum, there shouldnt be an issue and a fear of being chastised if you say something wrong.

<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX