Well I've been playing for 3 and a half years and I've always played standing, and recently I've been playing really low and i decided to play higher cause i feel i have more control, but...when I play with my guitar high it feels really uncomfortable, and overall playing standing is really uncomfortable, is this because I have long arms or I've gotten to used to playing low? Has anyone ever had this problem?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
dude just adjust to havin ur axe up higher
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
yah when i play higher playing chords up on the 1st to 3rd fret is uncomfortable, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
tom morello that bitch
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Just keep playing lower? I can't imagine you'd have more control if it's feeling uncomfortable. Just play however you feel natural.
Too low not enough control? Too high a little uncomfortable?

I don't want to be captain obvious right now but, why don't you try somewhere in the middle?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Yah that what I've done its just uncomfortable playing higher, but im gonna get used to it.
How high do most of you play your guitar?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Quote by stinger12345
Too low not enough control? Too high a little uncomfortable?

I don't want to be captain obvious right now but, why don't you try somewhere in the middle?

read goldilocks
I couldn't find the right height to wear my guitar for a while, I liked to play it really high (almost under my chin) felt great but open position chords felt uncomfortable. Especially E & F. I went lower and lower and never found my sweet spot till it dawned on me I like to play in clasical position while sitting so I should wear it about there.

See if that works for you, sit in classical position then adjust your strap to fit in that position. Stand up and it oughta be good.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by stinger12345
What did I miss something?

This porridge is too hot! This porridge is too cold! This porridge is juuust right!

This guitar is too high! This guitar is too low! This guitar is juuust right!

Just adjust you're guitar til it's somewhere in between too high or too low.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

What did Tom Morello do?
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
for me after playing sitting down for a year i felt much left comfortable standing up...but then i kept doing it so i was better...its just about getting comfortable after trying it.
Quote by Sharck
Just keep playing lower? I can't imagine you'd have more control if it's feeling uncomfortable. Just play however you feel natural.

please dont listen to him.

It is actually bad to play with your guitar to low.

You get more wrist problems, and other stress related problems.

as for the akwardness, its just an adjusting period. Though i must admit the 1st to 2nd fret feels alittle wierd when you have the guitar high
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Pharsti
Amen!

Why did this turn into a Tom Morello Thread? Why am i adding to the total transformation of this thread? Why is the baby bears porridge just right shouldn't the mamma bears be right cos she's in the middle? Why have i asked so many questions in this reply when they're are going to get no one anywhere closer to being comfortable playing guitar lower? Should i be quiet? (I'll answer this one) Yes I Should.
ARCHITECTS

UNDEROATH

Aaron Gillespie
Dallas Green

Ok so im playing higher now, with the top of the guitar around my belly button, but its uncomfortable, but i wanna get in a habit of playing higher, cause when I play lower I can't play as well but it feels comfortable cause im so used to it. Will I get used to playing high? how long will it take?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Cabinets
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

+1

but my boobs get in the way
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Well do what people do to play lower; play a little higher than you usually play, so it won't screw up your playing or take so long to adjust and repeat until you find a spot that's perfect.
Well this may not be for you but when I play and reach uncomfortable chords or whatever I just move the guitar or my body to a position that doesnt make you strain as much. Plus it kinda adds to your stage presence, or you'll just look weird. lol

These guys didn't need low guitars (guess who they are haha)
Last edited by JoshRocco at Jul 9, 2008,
well just find the balance between control AND comfort...and thats a good height...