Page 1 of 5
that's it! I'm tired of waiting! I'm starting this frikken contest, and for those of you think otherwise it won't matter that this runs the same time as the DT one. two different comps. a lot of different participants. it'll work.

the theme for this one is just "rock." yes, it is broad. more freedom for you, right? if you think your song can be argued as in the rock genre go right ahead. I decided I'd give this one two weeks since the DT dragged out way too long IMO and two weeks seems like long enough to write a decent rock song.

if you want to judge, tell me and I'll love you forever I promise.

I will be participating in this one btw. if you would like to also, say so in the other thread not this one. this is for only your song but I understand that it probably won't end up like that so at least keep other comments to a minimum and if you wanna say something say it in the other thread.

---

Judge(s):
leo_p8
Slaytanic1993
icronic

Participant(s):
Its_Rock77
ninja.kitty
The_Bass_Poet
gonzaw
Regression
thesyndicate
Broadsword
MattAnderson111
Rwhite88
Fivebretz
crowldawg66
Momentosis
PinkIsCool
MarchOfEternity
bloodshed344

Submissions Deadline: Friday, July 25

enjoy! and write cool stuff.

Here are the winners of the T&C Rock Competition!

1st Boadsword 26.4
2nd MarchOfEternity 26.2
3rd gonzaw 26
4th Tie between bloodshed344 and PinkIsCool 24
5th crowldawg66 23.3
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Aug 12, 2008,
I'm gonna move back the date a couple days so the people who aren't on now or for the next couple days have enough time and aren't at a disadvantage. 2 and a half weeks should be good. *thumbs up*

Can I enter something that I've already got posted, or does it have to be something new?
Quote by Its_Rock77
I'm gonna move back the date a couple days so the people who aren't on now or for the next couple days have enough time and aren't at a disadvantage. 2 and a half weeks should be good. *thumbs up*

Hey!
"gonzaw" doesn't have a capital letter!

Quote by icronic
Can I enter something that I've already got posted, or does it have to be something new?

it should be something new. that makes the competition more fair. If you've been working on something for the past couple months, you're obviously going to have an advantage over the others.

however, what we don't know won't hurt us so do what you wanna do. I can't stop you.

*dramatic silence*

>.>

<.<

what do you mean gonzaw?

Quote by Its_Rock77
however, what we don't know won't hurt us so do what you wanna do. I can't stop you.

Haha, well this one has existed for 4 or 5 days at the most, and I posted it here a day or two ago. Don't want to piss anyone off, but I rather like it so if I can get it in I'd like to, if that would be considered unfair then I've got plenty of ideas floating around in my head and more than enough time to make a song out of them.
I probably would've let it slide anyways. It's fine with me. but if someone else doesn't approve, I'll let you guys work that out. but go ahead as long as you at least continue working on it.

Quote by strat07
Uhm, the DT comp is over?

No, still got like a week to go I think?

Edit: Could you post some examples for those of us who don't know what rock is?

I don't think I will get my DT thing done in time, I always have ideas, but they always stray away from the DT sound. It ends up sounding like nintendocore.

Really want to give atleast one of these a try though, so put me down I guess. Might not end up submitting though.
Last edited by Regression at Jul 8, 2008,
I have posted some rock music. once again, if you're unsure whether a certain band's style is "rock" just ask. I'll let you know.

Quote by Its_Rock77
I have posted some rock music. once again, if you're unsure whether a certain band's style is "rock" just ask. I'll let you know.

Lol, I was sort of just being a ****, but thanks anyway, now I can sort of see where the borderline is between rock and... metal-ish music.

*Chucks on some Pink Floyd for inspiration*
as far as rock and metal go, if you were to write something Metallicaesque I would call it hard rock as long as it's more Black Album era than previous years.

but I don't know how else to put this, but I would deem anything rock that doesn't have a lot of dissonance and "scary" sounding scale patterns and riffs. yes, that is really stereotypical, but for this contest that's gonna be the dividing line for me. *shrug*

we need judges!

of course! thank you very much.

but we still need other judges! Help is much appreciated by anyone.

Edit: I still haven't even started.

Eh, I guess I'll judge
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory

I don't have much better to do

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I was wondering if I can if I can participate, I don't usually post but I wouldn't mind joining if you let me
I like steak!
All entries are still accepted and will be up until the deadline. however, if you come in on that date with your song and no previous notice of your entry I probably won't respect your entrance. but day before or earlier is fair game!

*crosses fingers that not a lot of competition continues to flow in*

And we still need more judges!
are any participants who do not meet the deadline willing to judge?

Is it too late for me to be a participant? If not, I'd like to submit a song, I've never done one of these before. Is "Country Rock" a valid entrant for this competition?
*wonders if Fivebretz read post before his*

yeah, you can enter and Country Rock is perfectly fine as long as it's not the one you posted earlier

Aaaah, does it have to be a new song, not posted in the forum before? Tarnation, back to the drawing board goes I. I'll be back though, leave a spot for me!
of course! sorry for the inconvenience, but it makes it fair for everyone. :/

I'll switch to judging, as I don't think I'll have enough time to really put anything together. Got offered a last minute 4 night gig out of town this coming week, and by the time I get back I'd only have about 4-5 days to write something.

I'm hoping there will be a next time.
dude, don't give up! I'll probably not start anything until 4-5 days before deadline either.

I'm gonna keep you down as a participant. If you don't have anything by the deadline, you can judge.

OK, I threw together a piece for this thread. You mentioned something about the simplicity of Rock, and that's what I've gone for lol. 80's rock is my favourite kind of Rock, so it's fitting that that's the kind I've made.
Attachments:
T+C Rock.zip
quite the foot tapper there

but don't feel like you can't keep editing til the deadline!

Oh, ****.

I can't judge...I don't have GP

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Oh, ****.

Have everyone export to MIDI?
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Oh, ****.

Just download the demo for GP, It'll allow you to listen to GP files, but you can't save files. Or something along those lines, I don't think it's got RSE either. But either way, you'll be able to listen to GP stuff now.

Guitar Pro Demo
Quote by Broadsword
Have everyone export to MIDI?

Last comp everyone threw a hissy fit because I only used MIDI and PtB.

And, I don't normally torrent...but, I may have to...

For, writing reasons as well.

Quote by eggsandham2
Page 1 of 5