I listen to a lot of music with symbolism and imagery, and find myself in awe sometimes as to how they thought of somethings.

Now the question is, do you think these epic songwriters just **** gold, or do they really really work on them?
i think they work on them. I think Bruce Dickinson has a degree in literature. i'm not sure.
"Work" is an interesting word, but there are several things the every good writer needs to do. First and foremost is read. Someone who doesn't read will never understand how to be a moving writer. Second is practice. Regardless of how much you read, repeated implementation is a must. Nobody gets it right the first time. Another key element is the ability to be a critic and revise your own work. Finally, great writing requires great observations; a writer has to be in tune with the world around him. Just some thoughts....
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by carniferous
"Work" is an interesting word, but there are several things the every good writer needs to do. First and foremost is read. Someone who doesn't read will never understand how to be a moving writer. Second is practice. Regardless of how much you read, repeated implementation is a must. Nobody gets it right the first time. Another key element is the ability to be a critic and revise your own work. Finally, great writing requires great observations; a writer has to be in tune with the world around him. Just some thoughts....

dude i completely agree with everything you just said. all if this stuff really does help!
Well, the reason I really like Matt Skiba and Anthony Raneri is because of the way they are expressing themselves and 'casually' slipping in imagery that isn't too over-the-top and taking away from the sheer emotional qualities of a song.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
If I ever try to write a epic lyric song, I usually just focus on one main subject and usually the rest falls into place. If you want to see the best imagery song, just watch the song American Pie, by don McClain on Youtube. That is an amazing song there.