Ive been looking to replace the bridge EMG-Hz in my Dinky and want something with a bright PAF-style tone that is also going to be able to handle D Standard Metal. Can anyone tell me what to look for? thanks
DiMarzio PAF Pro. Not sure how it'll sound in the Bridge but it kicks ass in the neck.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well, be aware that your tone is more in your amp than your pickups. Are you still using your Vox? Perhaps it's the voicing of your Vox that you don't find sufficiently br00tal enough for metal.
Not the saying the EMG hZ series is good, or that the Vox is bad, but have you played your amp through an amp suited for metal?

That said, Lamb Of God play through Mesa Mark IV's with guitar loaded with Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59s, which are PAF-voiced pickups.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, be aware that your tone is more in your amp than your pickups. Are you still using your Vox? Perhaps it's the voicing of your Vox that you don't find sufficiently br00tal enough for metal.
Not the saying the EMG hZ series is good, or that the Vox is bad, but have you played your amp through an amp suited for metal?

That said, Lamb Of God play through Mesa Mark IV's with guitar loaded with Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59s, which are PAF-voiced pickups.

Its nt really that cause I put a Tube Screamer behind the distortion channel. My Jackson-thru-Vox handles Metal better than it does Classic Rock type-stuff. I want that brighter tone that will handle Zep and Stuff better without losing the crunch.
SH-5 or TB-5 Duncan Custom for dropped tunings. it's a hotter PAF style pickup.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC