Hi,

I'm learning to play the electric guitar (by myself, unfortunately, as the place I live is too remote to have guitar instructors). I have a decent (self taught) knowledge of equipment and the technology, being an electrical engineering major. But, its the guitar playing that I am not good at, which I hope to learn. I have an Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM, which I have been playing with for some time.

I came across this video by Greg Noll on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dQG7dg_eSE) in which he uses the same guitar, and I'm curious about (a) amp settings, (b) techniques used in this video and (c) whether the guitar he used was straight out of the factory or was it modified with different strings, special tuning, etc. (if someone can make out that is).

Some of my questions may be trivial, but I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. Any suggestions about electric guitar playing and learning would be highly appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.
darkmav

PS to the Moderators--If this isn't the place for such a post, please move it to the appropriate sub-forum.
Jimm K1BS Acoustic
Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM
Marshall MG10CD 10W Combo Amp
Paxma 100W Amplifier
Homebrew 120W Amplifier
Last edited by darkmav at Jul 8, 2008,
god that guy looks like a loser...sorry if you like him
for amp settings i'm not the man to answer that specifically but he has a fair amount of gain and treble going on and because he is in a guitar store i'm assuming it is a completely stock guitar with standard tuning.
Thanks.
Jimm K1BS Acoustic
Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM
Paxma 100W Amplifier
Homebrew 120W Amplifier
that cats pretty animated like the guy above said, stock guitar.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by mig-29
that cats pretty animated

Didn't get you mate..
Jimm K1BS Acoustic
Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM
Paxma 100W Amplifier