http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_lwocmL9dQ

on 2:43 you will see Eddie using the technique. its a strange kind of trill picking. the guitarist from Origins uses it. i can't find **** about it on the internet. this technique has so much potential for my style of playing but its so weird and nobody has posted anything about it so i cant learn anything about. i dont even know what the ****s called other than that weird thing Eddie does. if i can learn how to use this for my advantage i will be an incredible shredder yet
He picks with his middle finger instead of his index. Nothing special :P
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
it doesnt really change anything when the dude from Origins plays with his index and Origins is a technical death metal band. I wonder if anybody on UG plays uses this technique?
you mean tremelo picking? super fast alternative picking? btw i used to pick with my middle finger but now its hard
All hes doing is alternate picking on the same string. He just does it with his wrist instead of using his forearm.
Quote by urdad
you mean tremelo picking? super fast alternative picking? btw i used to pick with my middle finger but now its hard

+1, I used to do it too, but changed to index because i figured if everyone who shreds uses their index, I guess it is better.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
^I think it would be easier to put in quick little taps if you used your index finger to tap and your middle to hold the pick, but I don't know.
That technique is just tremolo picking. Eddie just does it in a different way than he normally picks so it looks like a "whole new technique". In actuality you can achieve a better sound and the same speed by simply using your normal picking technique to tremolo instead of changing your arm position and just rotating it quickly like Eddie. Pretty simple.