I play an epiphone les paul standard that I i have changed all the electronics on and love very much , and was wonder is it worth the money to upgrade to an elitist or a Gibson just based on the quality of the wood? because if I were to get one I would probably end up changing the pickups
Durka
if you can afford it
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I don't think it would be worth it. Considering you'd be paying at least 1000 dollars just for a tiny bit better tone. If you have a good amp, the only reason people won't think it's a Gibson is because of the headstock logo. I say you stick with what you have, because buying a new Les Paul just for the wood is ridiculous IMHO.

Epiphones are great, stick with it, unless you want a new body style/different character guitar.

PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
I wouldn't rush to upgrade, but go for a high-end Gibson or something boutique so theres a noticeable difference when you do. Maybe branch out and get a cheap Strat or something in the meantime.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
to get a gibson thats better then it, you're looking at 2.5 grand, dont touch the studio's, well, unless you like older guitars, you can get a mid 80's les paul for 1.5-1.8 (better then the crap they pump out now imo)
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
You could get an ESP Eclipse II instead. Great sounding/Playing guitar. However, if you don't have a good amp, you're not going to notice any difference in sound most likely.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Go to your local guitar center and bring your guitar with you. Play a bunch of the gibson LPs and compare to your guitar. It's possible that you got a really good epi and you won't need to upgrade, but if you find a good studio or standard you'll definitely recognize the improvement in tone. The epi standard is very different from the Gibson line of LPs, so even though the alder-mahogany sandwich the Epi is made of is "inferior" on paper doesn't mean you'll like a "real" les paul better.
In short, we can't really tell you because we don't know what you've got and what your ears like.
may i ask what upgrades did you do to the electronics?? did you change the caps, pots, switches and everything? what did you replace them with? ive been looking to do this myself and any info on how it turned out would be great

cheers