Ok I like almost all music but I am really into metal so I am wanting an amp that i can play with my band that has extream gain but also has crystal clear clean. The clean is the most important thing because my pedal is going to be distorting most likely(unless the amps distortion is just that awesome xp) Money is not a problem because im patient and willing to save the money i need but around 4000-5000 is what im expecting to spend. i have a marshall combo and i like its tone but its not big enough. So what does the good people at UG think i should get.
upsize that marshall and get a MARSHALL MG100DFX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, it's such a killer half stack, soo loud it'll make YOUR EARS BLEED
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
upsize that marshall and get a MARSHALL MG100DFX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, it's such a killer half stack, soo loud it'll make YOUR EARS BLEED

I agree, great amp!

AND ITS GOT CRUSHING DISTORTION
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
At that price range, you shouldn't need to use any pedal.

Look at Bogners, Diezels, ENGLs, VHTs, Mesas, Soldano, Splawn, Fuchs, Hughes and Kettner, and countless other brands.

When you're willing to spend that much, we can't help you at all. You need to go out and try things for yourself.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
At that price range, you shouldn't need to use any pedal.

Look at Bogners, Diezels, ENGLs, VHTs, Mesas, Soldano, Splawn, Fuchs, Hughes and Kettner, and countless other brands.

When you're willing to spend that much, we can't help you at all. You need to go out and try things for yourself.

+1 those are all good companies to try.

DO NOT get a marshall MG. with that price range you can do a lot better.

good luck dude
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
lol yeah i know doodleface but with so many amps i was looking for and idea of what to try and i havent found a place with all brands of amps around where i live so unless i find one i would have to go to many guitar shops to try amps i dont even know are worth looking at and thanks for the suggestions everyone
The Marshall MG100 is the LOWEST QUALITY MARSHALL in existence....If you want Marshall then get a JCM 900 or a JVM 400

But I would HIGHLY suggest a Mesa Rectifier Head,Any Krank Head,Peavy 6505 Head,Orange Head, Or pretty much any of the high end Carvin Heads.

Cab wise...Mesa 4x12 Rectifier w/the v30's OR The Marshall 1960 A or B cab...If you like a chunky rythm tone then get th Mesa Cab...If you like a more thin lead like tone then get the Marshall cab....The Marshall 1960 B has a little more bottem end but the A has a more Gain-ish sound....The choice is yours but I wouldnt listen to the noobs who suggest something as bad a Marshall MG100...Espessally if your willing to spend 4000 to 5000 dollars....
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
The Marshall MG100 is the LOWEST QUALITY MARSHALL in existence....If you want Marshall then get a JCM 900 or a JVM 400

But I would HIGHLY suggest a Mesa Rectifier Head,Any Krank Head,Peavy 6505 Head,Orange Head, Or pretty much any of the high end Carvin Heads.

Cab wise...Mesa 4x12 Rectifier w/the v30's OR The Marshall 1960 A or B cab...If you like a chunky rythm tone then get th Mesa Cab...If you like a more thin lead like tone then get the Marshall cab....The Marshall 1960 B has a little more bottem end but the A has a more Gain-ish sound....The choice is yours but I wouldnt listen to the noobs who suggest something as bad a Marshall MG100...Espessally if your willing to spend 4000 to 5000 dollars....

Dude
A MG With a metalzone, or any boss distortion pedal sounds absolutely heavenly
Same with the DOD grundge pedal, quite a nice tone that i can get from my MG.

If you want a crystal clear amp, you could get a jazz chorus and a metalzone and that could do some good.

And...
Marshall cabs dont have a "thin lead tone". Nobody likes a thin lead tone.
Marshall cabs just arent as suited to metal as Mesa cabs are. Wanna be a badass? Get an orange cab. Or better yet: Mills Acoustics.
I say splawn nitro in orange tolex with an orange cab
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Thats digusting!
A digital transistor P.O.S. with a analog distortion pedal on top of it!

Wow...I cant even comprehend how anybody can think that would sound good....Seriously....

Like I said...If he is willing to spend 4000 to 5000$ then why even waste time with analog distortion pedals and transistor amps...
Is this a joke?

You want to buy an amp for $4000-5000 and are going to use a distortion pedal over its clean channel? LMAO WHAT???
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Is this a joke?

You want to buy an amp for $4000-5000 and are going to use a distortion pedal over its clean channel? LMAO WHAT???

Finally....Someone with a brain in there head....This forum was getting depressing intill you got here!
Quote by TDAJGuitarist
Finally....Someone with a brain in there head....This forum was getting depressing intill you got here!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you're serious about spending that much cash... Look into these:

Engl SE
Diezel Herbert
Cornford in general
Elmwood M90
VHT Hundred/CLX
Wizard Metal
Bogner XTC
Soldano SLO100

Don't you dare even think about using a distortion pedal on those. If you do, you will almost certainly go to hell
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I know Bogner and Soldano are good amps... the mesa will give you a hell of a lot of punch... their 50's are loud... very...

a friend of mine had a nice setup... marshall 50/50 power amp, JMP1, JFx (memory fading me on that one), Behringer 4x12 cab (shocking i know, but the speakers were Jensens or something like that)... maybe what i posted is pointless... no idea
Last edited by evolucian at Jul 8, 2008,