Page 1 of 2
Pretty damn stupid...
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
How is it stupid? If you can't see how selling your vote can be wrong/detrimental to the country, you are stupid.

Maybe it was a joke, but that student should have thought it through.
Haha, that's gonna be a fun trial.

"It was a joke, I just did it for lulz purposes."
"Nuh uh, you totally meant it, I can tell."
"Nuh uh, i just did it for the lulz."
lulz.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
pwned
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
It's only one vote, i don't see why he's being prosecuted.

To those thinking, "one vote can change the outcome", i have something to tell you:

That **** only happens on Saved By the Bell.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
It's still better than the guy who tried to sell his virginity on ebay.

0 bids.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by AzureNight
How is it stupid? If you can't see how selling your vote can be wrong/detrimental to the country, you are stupid.

It's just SO ****ing stupid to take serious actions for that kind of things. They take it too seriously.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
$10,000 fine and 5 years in prison!?

WTFUX!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
That's really stupid. Electoral college makes the real decision, not some 19 year old student who's trying to pay for beer more than likely.
Well I can see where the prosecutors are coming from, but one vote will probably never ever make a difference in an election.
Like anyone's going to buy 1 vote. What's the smallest win margin so far? Like 60,000 or something?
Erm, the first robot president won by exactly one vote
Gear:

Epiphone Sheraton 1962 50th Anniversary 212TV,

Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer,
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy,
Vox V847 Wah-Wah,

Vox TB35C1.
Quote by AzureNight

+1

It doesn't matter if he did it for the lulz or not. It's pretty much giving the finger to the entire democratic process and freedom of speech in general.
people are trying to sell their virginity, voteo, used dildos... whats next their foreskins?

women: whats that?
man: my foreskin you like it?
women: eww no
man: ooo please its only 10$$$ wouldent it look nice on your wall?
Quote by killwitneydead
Like anyone's going to buy 1 vote. What's the smallest win margin so far? Like 60,000 or something?

Smallest win margin is negatives.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Geez... Over reaction anybody?

You guys would be astonished if you knew what happens over here. The government actually pays people to go to pro government manifestations (50 pesos, which would be around 16 bucks).
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Does anyone else find the irony of this hilarious? Especially this part "One is the notion that elections should be a contest of ideas and not of pocketbooks -- at least not in the sense of straight-out 'I can buy your vote.'"

I mean isn't that what almost every politician does when he campaigns. He uses his money and influence to sway a lobby or other group into voting for him, in a sense buying his votes. The other side of that coin being that these lobbies and other groups look specifically for which candidate can bring them the most benefits, and then give there votes to him, in other words putting their votes up for sale.
Quote by archangels666

It doesn't matter if he did it for the lulz or not. It's pretty much giving the finger to the entire democratic process and freedom of speech in general.

The government telling you what you can and can't do with your vote is too.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Brain245
Haha, that's gonna be a fun trial.

"It was a joke, I just did it for lulz purposes."
"Nuh uh, you totally meant it, I can tell."
"Nuh uh, i just did it for the lulz."

haha lulz
"We take it very seriously. Fundamentally, we believe it is wrong to sell your vote," said John Aiken, a spokesman for the office. "There are people that have died for this country for our right to vote, and to take something that lightly, to say, 'I can be bought.'

I hate this argument purely because there are people who have died in an attempt to keep black men segregated, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Slap_Bassist

Erm, the first robot president won by exactly one vote

Futurama owns!

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by DC EP
Does anyone else find the irony of this hilarious? Especially this part "One is the notion that elections should be a contest of ideas and not of pocketbooks -- at least not in the sense of straight-out 'I can buy your vote.'"

I mean isn't that what almost every politician does when he campaigns. He uses his money and influence to sway a lobby or other group into voting for him, in a sense buying his votes. The other side of that coin being that these lobbies and other groups look specifically for which candidate can bring them the most benefits, and then give there votes to him, in other words putting their votes up for sale.

Whoa you blew my mind wide open... We must march onto parliament and blast Rage Against the Machine! GUERRRILLA RADIOOO!

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by AzureNight

+1.

Should of thought it through... and use a fake eBay name.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by AzureNight

"zepdrummer612"

he's a drummer, what the fuck do you expect?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Jul 8, 2008,
Wait, it says in the article that it was a Minnesota state law...

I'm gonna try that!

Seriously, though, your vote does not count, at least not in presedential elections, unless you are fortunate enough to live in one of the like 5 states where it really matters. In 2000, George W. Bush lost by around 500,000 votes nationwide, but still won (or not...please, though, don't start an arguement about that) due to the electoral college.

My point is, that year your vote only really counted if you lived in Florida, and possibly New Mexico as well if I remember correctly. Alaska, where I live, is reliably Republican. John McCain is almost certainly going to pick up the 3 electoral votes, barring some major scandal or something. My vote, whether for or against him, is not going to matter one bit. Why shouldn't I sell it? Either way it's going to be just as meaningless.

I completely support this guy, whether he was doing it as a form of protest about the uselessness of the so-called "democratic" system, or just hoping to make a few bucks to buy some beer.
kill all humans
the problem is that it sets a precedent.

if one person can get away with selling their cote, so can anybody else. then it becomes ok for people to sell their vote and it isn't just one vote for sale anymore. It's potentially thousands.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
its the principle... if one person does it and does not get punished, OTHERS will follow!

So yes he is an idiot and he must be punished!
Ya, it sorta sounds stupid but when you think of all the trouble that people had to go through to get the right to vote, and all the political shenanegans (sp) that went on in the past with vote buying, violence and intimidation by land holders and employers,gerrymandering ( the adjusting of constituencies to ensure maximum votes would go to a specific indidvidual in a designated geographic area) you would better appreciate the power of the vote. Just look at Zimbabwe; what Mugabe did to the population is right out of 17 and 18th century Europe. Then of course look at George W Bush and what happened in Florida in 2000. Cherish the vote because its one of the few ways you have to hold people in positions of power accountable.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Wait, it says in the article that it was a Minnesota state law...

I'm gonna try that!

Seriously, though, your vote does not count, at least not in presedential elections, unless you are fortunate enough to live in one of the like 5 states where it really matters. In 2000, George W. Bush lost by around 500,000 votes nationwide, but still won (or not...please, though, don't start an arguement about that) due to the electoral college.

My point is, that year your vote only really counted if you lived in Florida, and possibly New Mexico as well if I remember correctly. Alaska, where I live, is reliably Republican. John McCain is almost certainly going to pick up the 3 electoral votes, barring some major scandal or something. My vote, whether for or against him, is not going to matter one bit. Why shouldn't I sell it? Either way it's going to be just as meaningless.

I completely support this guy, whether he was doing it as a form of protest about the uselessness of the so-called "democratic" system, or just hoping to make a few bucks to buy some beer.

+1
plus the article basically said that the government is being hypocrates(sp.) about the whole thing.
i think its crap the way the presidental election process is set up. like 1 person in the entire country could vote and the winner could be the peson he didnt vote for. or no one could vote and wed still have a winner. theres no way you can call that democracy
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
"...up to five years' imprisonment and a $10,000 fine."

Only in the USA.
GEAR

Ibanez sr506
Yamaha RBX170
Squier strat...
Hughes&Kettner Basskick BK300

Quote by ChemicalFire
Where's my lynching bat?
Page 1 of 2