I finally got my 6505+ head. Got it for $1000 at GC's 4th of July sale. I have to run it through my MG250 speakers for now until I can afford a cab, but it works for the time being. I needed a new amp BAD b/c my with my weird setup I had with my Metal Muff and the MG, the volume was decreased substantially and therefore couldn't hear myself over my drummer or visa versa. I went to practice last night and only had to turn the volume up to 3, this thing is LOUD. My Hellraiser has finally met her soul mate.
Attachments:
07-08-08_0056.jpg
07-08-08_0057.jpg
congrats man, great heads. Just wait until you get a real cab for it, it's going to be like a new amp day all over again.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Ooooooo, yummy, hmmmmm, looks a little big for the mg.... HURRY AND SAVE FOR A CAB! serious... that dont do it justice....
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
Ooooooo, yummy, hmmmmm, looks a little big for the mg.... HURRY AND SAVE FOR A CAB! serious... that dont do it justice....

Haha I know it's really ghetto right now b/c the head is like 2-3 in thicker than the MG and I have to line it up kinda off set b/c the speaker wires from the MG are really short so I have to set it on there just right so I can plug the speakers into the head. It's like a 300% upgrade from my other setup so I'm happy for now, once I get a cab, my life will be complete.
Quote by Erock503
congrats man, great heads. Just wait until you get a real cab for it, it's going to be like a new amp day all over again.

yes it will. i got my mesa and i was like woot! then my mesa cab came in and i was like W00T!!!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yea I'm looking into Mesa Recto cab, 1960 or an Avatar with V30's...just gotta save up some money for a while.
I wouldn't suggest anything with G12T-75s in it, like the regular 1960. I thought my 5150 sounded like crap through mine, great through V30s though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the 1960A comes with V30's I'm pretty sure...I could be wrong in which case I would take that off the list of cabs b/c I def want V30's
Quote by zhunt1130
the 1960A comes with V30's I'm pretty sure...I could be wrong in which case I would take that off the list of cabs b/c I def want V30's

The 1960a comes with G12T-75s. The 1960AV comes with V30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
ahh well the AV was the one I'm talking about...didn't realize there was a difference
Quote by zhunt1130
ahh well the AV was the one I'm talking about...didn't realize there was a difference

Yup, there's a whole bunch of different models of the 1960
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have a mesa recto 2x12 and it sounds great. its very clear and not muddy at all. id definitely check it out
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i have a mesa recto 2x12 and it sounds great. its very clear and not muddy at all. id definitely check it out

+1, If I'd known better when I bought my cab, I would've bought a 2x12 instead. 4x12s are just impractical and less easy to transport.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
+1, If I'd known better when I bought my cab, I would've bought a 2x12 instead. 4x12s are just impractical and less easy to transport.

haha my friend came over and goes woah i was thinking it would be like...a level up. and i told him to pick it up. when i saw the look on his face as he realized how heavy it actually was, i said "and THATS why i bought a 2x12"

edit: woah matrixclaw what happened to the mark iv? is the freakin 5150iii THAT good?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
haha my friend came over and goes woah i was thinking it would be like...a level up. and i told him to pick it up. when i saw the look on his face as he realized how heavy it actually was, i said "and THATS why i bought a 2x12"

edit: woah matrixclaw what happened to the mark iv? is the freakin 5150iii THAT good?

Haha, yeah. It's not so much the weight though for me, I have no problem carrying my 4x12, it's just that I can't fit it in my car... so that means I can't take my amp anywhere to jam with people

I traded the Mark IV for it. Gets here Friday I dunno why everyone is all hyped up on it and buying them all over around here. I was talking them up when they came out and no one even paid attention. I guess I get no love.

But yeah, it's more what I'm looking for. Cleans are amazing and not really warm like the Mark IV, first gain channel is actually usable and has a Marshall flavor, which is what I wanted out of my Mesa, lead channel sounds almost Soldano-ish which I love.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
get a basson cab, there awsome
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by MatrixClaw
Haha, yeah. It's not so much the weight though for me, I have no problem carrying my 4x12, it's just that I can't fit it in my car... so that means I can't take my amp anywhere to jam with people

I traded the Mark IV for it. Gets here Friday I dunno why everyone is all hyped up on it and buying them all over around here. I was talking them up when they came out and no one even paid attention. I guess I get no love.

But yeah, it's more what I'm looking for. Cleans are amazing and not really warm like the Mark IV, first gain channel is actually usable and has a Marshall flavor, which is what I wanted out of my Mesa, lead channel sounds almost Soldano-ish which I love.

haha yeah the amp sounds pretty sweet. id love to try one. i expect clips in my office first thing monday morning.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
haha yeah the amp sounds pretty sweet. id love to try one. i expect clips in my office first thing monday morning.

Haha, I'll try to get some up. Erock has already requested some brutal riffs since he hasn't heard anything but Van Halen stuff from it really. I go on vacation Sunday morning though, so I'm not going to have much time with it unfortunately Hopefully it'll get here early on Friday so I can crank that **** up without waking people up!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
who cares? crank the crap out of it at like 4 a.m. the day you leave. leave them with their ears ringing hahaha.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
who cares? crank the crap out of it at like 4 a.m. the day you leave. leave them with their ears ringing hahaha.

Haha, I might as well, the neighbors are on vacation, the only people around are across the street!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
YEE HAW! CRANK UP SOME SKYNYRD!!!

saddest part about this post you ask? im actually wearing a lynyrd skynyrd shirt right now

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
YEE HAW! CRANK UP SOME SKYNYRD!!!

saddest part about this post you ask? im actually wearing a lynyrd skynyrd shirt right now

LOL awesome. Skynyrd FTW!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
haha. for some reason i feel slightly "cool" when i play brutal riffs with my skynyrd shirt on. on another sad note, i have 2. hahaha. being redneck ftl

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Congrats, I love new amp days. I just have to stop having them, but so far I haven't found a cure... And once you get the 2x12 cab, youtube yourself blowing up the MG, em-kay? Please?

Congrats Matrix as well. You schooled me on the 5150 III being a Fender last week.
Quote by gregs1020
Congrats, I love new amp days. I just have to stop having them, but so far I haven't found a cure... And once you get the 2x12 cab, youtube yourself blowing up the MG, em-kay? Please?

Congrats Matrix as well. You schooled me on the 5150 III being a Fender last week.

I'm actually looking into a 4x12, but in regards to blowing up my MG, I'd love to but I think I'm gonna have to keep it or sell it and get a 2x12 for home. I'm just gonna leave my 4x12 at my band's practice space, and either use the MG at home for a cab or sell it and get a 2x12 that doesn't suck.