This is my first thread, so if I'm in the wrong spot just lmk and I'll delete this. SO here's the story. I just graduated, and after my knee injury took me out of sports I started taking my guitar much miore seriously. My grandparents, new about this, and they decided to pick up a guitar magazine and look at some ads to see what I may want. They saw an add for "Perfect PItch". The title explains it. It seems like if all they said is true, it could be a valuable talent, but it kind of seems like a scam. I was just wondering if anyone has bought or know's someone who has bought this who I could formally talk to, The website is listeed below. PLease post, I havent figured out private messges yet. AIM works too jzuck000 Thanks

Jake

www.perfectpitch.com
Last edited by jzuck93 at Jul 8, 2008,
I would say this is indeed in the wrong place. As perfect pitch is a talent, not equipment.

I suggest not paying money for this, when there are so many programs you can download for free with good exercises for developing pitch recognition.

EDIT: and you forgot to list the site.
Isn't it equipment to give you the talent?

More importantly, I wouldn't say no to my grandparents because wikipedia has a better way to do it, they'd find it offensive, dont ask. I just want to know if itis legit or not
I think it's like any number of language courses you learn via cd/tape - if you're really dedicated to it you can learn it, if you're casual you won't. Lots of threads asking this very question, found here.
My first reaction is that it's a scam. However, I can't say for 100% sure.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I downloaded it. I found that it would improve your pitch though not give you 'perfect pitch'. You are only born with it, however you can train yourself to have relative pitch. Surprisingly there are two different cd's one which is called Perfect Pitch and the other Relative Pitch. The Perfect Pitch cd's develops your recognition with each pitch individually. As in assigning a colour to each pitch. On the other hand relative pitch cd develops your theory skills for example intervals.

I never really had the time to complete either of the books/cd's, but i can say that it will definitely improve your aural capabilities and theory. Overall it will enhance your skills as a musician, but not give you perfect pitch.
Thank you guys for the help. I dont plan on just drifiting through this casually.

And whether or not it can actually give me perfect pitch, if it canactually help me that much it seems worth it
Quote by Oc3lot
I downloaded it. I found that it would improve your pitch though not give you 'perfect pitch'. You are only born with it, however you can train yourself to have relative pitch. Surprisingly there are two different cd's one which is called Perfect Pitch and the other Relative Pitch. The Perfect Pitch cd's develops your recognition with each pitch individually. As in assigning a colour to each pitch. On the other hand relative pitch cd develops your theory skills for example intervals.

I never really had the time to complete either of the books/cd's, but i can say that it will definitely improve your aural capabilities and theory. Overall it will enhance your skills as a musician, but not give you perfect pitch.

Did you miss the whole part about him going on and on about anyone can get perfect pitch? And relative pitch is completely different from perfect pitch.

TS, I've listened to the first several lessons (too undisciplined to get past them) and they've been very helpful to my ear. My friend who's actually taken the time to try and get through a lot of them has developed his ear really well.