I just watched some clips of some bands play and one band had a 5150 and in a part of the song it went quiet and a part was played by the guy with the 5150 on the clean channel and it sounded terrible for the clean channel.

Just thought I'd share, i never thought it was that bad.

People with a 5150/6505, do you use your clean channel much?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
I just watched some clips of some bands play and one band had a 5150 and in a part of the song it went quiet and a part was played by the guy with the 5150 on the clean channel and it sounded terrible for the clean channel.

Just thought I'd share, i never thought it was that bad.

People with a 5150/6505, do you use your clean channel much?

Yea, that's the big downfall to the 5150s/6505s. I rarely use the clean channel on mine.
Well i'm not sure, but maybe the guitarist was just **** at getting it to sound good?

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
The 5150 has decent cleans at low volumes, but once you start turning it up it turns to ****.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Granted I just got my 6505+ yesterday but after spending probably 10 hrs with her so far, the cleans aren't as bad as people say. They're no Fender, but if you get a 5150/6505 chances are you aren't getting it for the cleans. I used my band's other guitarist's chorus pedal last night for my cleans and it sounded really good.
my combo's clean as actually alright, i think i have the only 6505 with working reverb ever haha
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Mine sounds alright if I keep the volume low, switch to my bridge pickup and use a bit of delay. I don't use the clean channel too much though.
I use my cleans a lot, but I have my amp set up "odd" compared to most other peoples'. I run my guitar+SD-1 into the low gain input. I then use the lead channel with the pregain backed down to 0 (and my guitar volume rolled back a bit) for my cleans. Odd, I know, but you'd just have to try it. The lead channel is a lot darker compared to the rhythm, so it doesn't get too gainy and trebley on me. Then I use the rhythm channel +SD-1 for all my dirty and lead tones. I also keep my treble and presence down on the amp to keep it from going into OD.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Since im not a big fan of bright fender style cleans, there cleans have always sounded fine to me but thats partial due to me liking metallica cleans which the amp gets really close to nailing especially with a little chorus added in.
Quote by mogar
I use my cleans a lot, but I have my amp set up "odd" compared to most other peoples'. I run my guitar+SD-1 into the low gain input. I then use the lead channel with the pregain backed down to 0 (and my guitar volume rolled back a bit) for my cleans. Odd, I know, but you'd just have to try it. The lead channel is a lot darker compared to the rhythm, so it doesn't get too gainy and trebley on me. Then I use the rhythm channel +SD-1 for all my dirty and lead tones. I also keep my treble and presence down on the amp to keep it from going into OD.

Machine Head does this too. It's THAT wierd.

The + has slightly better cleans, but still...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
okay, so the actual cleans on the 5150 are ****.
but if you add some gain, it sounds very nice, when you get a little overdrive you can get really nice sounds. but if you need actual clean... it's not the amp for you, so if you don't mind a little overdrive you'll like it
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by aznrockerdude
Machine Head does this too. It's THAT wierd.

The + has slightly better cleans, but still...

hmm...did not know that. Not a Machine Head fan, but it's cool info.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar