Check it out. It is in my profile.

It was recorded with an RG570 (not mine), used only the neck pickup (PAF Pro) through a Laney VC50 (with 6L6's) on the clean channel. Don’t remember the settings... But I thought it just wasn't jazzy enough. I'm too happy with my improvising, I think I could have done a lot better and been a bit more interesting and creative. But hey, it was one take and I didn’t have time to do another.

If you have anything you'd like me to crit, I'd love to hear it.
Haha I really liked it. I think the guitar should be a little louder however. The drums and bass sounded pretty bitchin. Tell me what you think of some of my stuff if you could.
Quote by GzUpHoesDown
Haha I really liked it. I think the guitar should be a little louder however. The drums and bass sounded pretty bitchin. Tell me what you think of some of my stuff if you could.

The drums and bass were a backing track

Thanks for the crit. I'll check your stuff out.
It sounds pretty awesome. Though i do agree the tone could be more jazzy. What did you use to record it?

t0m4d3tHm3t4Lz
: Ibanez RG5xx & up club

Ibanez RG570 signed by Paul Gilbert

Dunlop Crybaby 535q

Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 combo

Monterey Strat copy

Carvin V3 combo

Profile Stratocaster
It sounded pretty good, the tone kind of reminded me of a hollowbody played acoustically.

You should just work on connecting your lines and developing ideas, modal tunes can be hard to make interesting sometimes. One thing I can suggest is to transcribe some solos, it'll give you a lot of ideas.

Kudos for posting jazz.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
It's an Aebersold backing track, I have loads of them on my computer.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Thanks for the replies

Quote by Jimmy94
Not bad, Zeppelin's suggestions are pretty much what I was thinking. With modal jazz you are given the burden of "telling the story" with your solo, using the chords as a launchpad. You had a few good ideas in there, and you really start picking it up after the octaves. Overall nicely done.

Yeah I noticed my playing before the octoves at times seemed a little bit not confident. Like... Hesitant if that makes sense.

Quote by Jimmy94
where did you get this backing track anyway?

I just got it from my guitar teacher.