Hi guys,
I am going to buy an ESP LTD EX50.
Can you tell me which of these two amps is better for me?
I want to play metal music mostly (metallica style distortion).
I don't want to use any pedals at the moment and I don't want to spend money for a tube amp because I am almost beginner.
The amp is supposed to be used at home.
Thank you.
Greetings from Greece!!!
id go for the cube. ive played one a few times and its a great amp
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The truth is that I am almost decided to prefer the Roland but I want to check opinions from more experienced guitar players and that is why I created this thread. I have never played electric guitar before, so I have never used an amp until now. I am planning to keep my amp for a long time, so I don't want to regret for the amp that I buy.
well the roland is pretty much your best bet for heavy styles. vox makes an amp called the valvetronix thats also worth a look. it is more suited to lighter styles, but some people prefer its heavy sounds over the roland. they are both great and either one would be your best bet. its just whatever you prefer.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I don't want to give more money than 150 euro, so I won't go for the 30x.
I also think that the cube 20 has most of the effects that the 30 offers and the power squeezer. I just want a good distortion.
Can you be more specific about the modeling difference between the 20 and the 30 cube?
dont get the tbx30. our church has the tbx65 and it sucks. cleans are okay but not fantastic. the distortion channel is what really sucks. very thin with a lot of hiss. i prefer the cube 30 from the 20. save up more for the 30.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I guess that the 30 cube is better than the 20. But is it worth to pay about 50 euros more for a player that now begins playing electric guitar?
Last edited by sakis133 at Jul 8, 2008,
If you don't feel like spending more money, that's cool. Just buy the Roland Microcube.

The difference between the 30 and 20 is exactly what I said, the 15 and 20 don't have the same COSM modeling that the 30 and 60 has. The Microcube has it, too. The COSM modeling is what makes the Cube series sound pretty good.
Quote by leviticus_22953
dont get the tbx30. our church has the tbx65 and it sucks. cleans are okay but not fantastic. the distortion channel is what really sucks. very thin with a lot of hiss.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I made the biggest mistake and bought the TBX150R let me tell you how much i regret doing that, well since I don't want to rant for 3 pages i'll just leave it at A LOT.

So the cleans aren't bad but the distortion sucks complete balls as leviticus said. It's honestly just an absolutely terrible amp stay away from the Ibanez TBX series do yourself a favour and stay away.
Quote by forsaknazrael
If you don't feel like spending more money, that's cool. Just buy the Roland Microcube.

The difference between the 30 and 20 is exactly what I said, the 15 and 20 don't have the same COSM modeling that the 30 and 60 has. The Microcube has it, too. The COSM modeling is what makes the Cube series sound pretty good.

agreed. you need the r-fier model for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
agreed. you need the r-fier model for metal.

i guess i didnt really think about it, but the cube i played was the microcube. and yes, the r-fier model does very good metal sounds. the amp sounds surprisingly good when put through a p.a. also

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah, generally you should get the cube 30, and if you can't afford it, the microcube is a good choice as it also has the amp models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?