Ok. So it's like this: you have a metaphorical screw, and without telling us what it looks like, you want us to recommend a screw driver. Pedals do all sorts of different things and without knowing what you want recommendations are pointless.
If you don't NEED an effect, why buy one.. You'll know when you need an effect.. if you need distortion, get it, if you need an equilizer get it, wah, compressor ect...

right now you are just someone with 100 bucks burning a hole through your pocket..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
well i have no pedals so i was asking what i should get first. see my band page to see what genre were playing. Got it?
For bass, just save up for a rack mount compressor, its all you will ever need for bass in my opinion.

For bass, pedals usually used if used are delay, chorus, flanger, fuzz, and whammy

The only whammy pedal on bass worth a damn at the moment is around $700ish dollars

Fuzz pedals on bass destroy the low end so you have to find a really good old vintage fuzz pedal and mod it so it wont destroy your lows

Chorus, Delay, and Flanger are the best you will find for bass at a low price and they are usually only worth a damn if there the Boss versions which are $135-200 so if you dont wanna spend a lil extra then dont get a pedal

Quote by Zombie Shredder
well i have no pedals so i was asking what i should get first. see my band page to see what genre were playing. Got it?

There are no mp3s on your band page so i dont know what style of metal your really playing since it says thrash AND death AND prog (those are three different versions of metal )

Im gonna tell you since your just anxious to spend $100 is to save up for a rack mount compressor which will make you the happiest person ever when you buy it

EDIT: I just looked at your stuff, buy a decent amp before wasting money on a pedal :/

Amp > All
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Last edited by 14shadesofblue at Jul 8, 2008,
However, the MXR bass fuzz and Bass Big Muff are out soon

Fuzz with low end if that's what you're looking for...
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
If don't know what you want, but know you want effects, you may want to get a cheap multi-effects unit. You'll at least be able to know what you like and what you don't. However, if you know WHAT you want, then go separate. I'm not that knowledgeable on metal bass and effects, but if you are going to be playing melodic stuff, a chorus is a good investment. I also use my wah in my band sometimes, but we aren't metal. However, it is interesting to note that I don't use my distortion pedal in ANY of our songs so far.
Quote by skippy_moogoose
However, the MXR bass fuzz and Bass Big Muff are out soon

Fuzz with low end if that's what you're looking for...

However the Ashdown James Lamenzo HyperDrive Pedal is out now, and is the best distortion pedal for bass around.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
However the Ashdown James Lamenzo HyperDrive Pedal is out now, and is the best distortion pedal for bass around.

but fuzz makes me happier...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Im with Humie again (thus earning more rythym points ) I played with the HyperDrive for a good hour, and yep, I agree, as a proper bass distortion, its awesome, and at £60 a good price, but it wasn't fuzzy enough, that MXR el grande bass fuzz just sounds perfect for what I want....but there's still no confirmed UK release date dammit!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
5 points to you moog, 2.5 to jack for noncomformity.

I want to play that bass muff though...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
moogoose, can i see an article about this MXR bass fuzz pedal before i mod this 1970 dallas arbiter fuzz face pedal?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come