Page 1 of 2
okay so the later 60's/early seventies we had hippies.
mid 70's we started to get some more heavy rock like KISS
80's was hair metal and glam and all those other rock rip offs that KISS made
90's was the birth of Grunge and other alternatives such as Nu Metal
2000 was when Emo really came out(even though there were parts of it in 80's and so on its more of a phase now) and of course Prog is bigger these days

but what the hell. How come we have like 1000 reunions in the last couple of years? Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, KISS(again...), Iron Maiden, Rage Against The Machine, Megadeath, Smashing Pumpkins and there are heaps more I've over looked.

These days people want the orignals rather then trying to make something new. Music is dying people. DYYYYYING!

just thought I'd bring this up. Discuss.
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I disagree.

Me too.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Quote by Flamin' Mania
2000 was when Emo really came out(even though there were parts of it in 80's and so on its more of a phase now) and of course Prog is bigger these days

but what the hell. How come we have like 1000 reunions in the last couple of years? Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, KISS(again...), Iron Maiden, Rage Against The Machine, Megadeath, Smashing Pumpkins and there are heaps more I've over looked.

These days people want the orignals rather then trying to make something new. Music is dying people. DYYYYYING!

no it's not. it's actually advancing. and why is it bad to have a reunion tour? it gives the fans something to look forward to.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Lol, guns n' roses wasn't a reunion (yeah, Izzy and Axl maybe, but the rest, no!), neither was Iron Maiden and Megadeth....

you've forgotten Black Sabbath with Ozzy, and Heaven and Hell (black sabbath with dio).

I think it's great that all these bands are getting back on stage (I've seen all of them, except for Smashing Pumpkins... I just don't like them) and show how a REAL rockshow is made!

And all those people who say that it's all about the money can go f*ck 'emselfs, you would do the freakin' same if you were in their shoes
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
people are always gonna want the bands they enjoyed when they were younger back. I'm sure in 20 years there will be a group of people who want (dare I say it) a Nickelback reunion or other popular band from today. And all the popular bands from today will be overtaken by a new genre. It's just how music works
Quote by Flamin' Mania

That's why I disagree with you. I agree when the band members are so old they look like they might blow out a hip onstage or something *cough*rollingstones*cough*, but Rage? No way. They're still kicking ass.

And yes, I still think they're gonng write new stuff.
Dude, none of those bands will die until At Least 100 years after the Stones have finally kicked it.
did you really just use KISS to singlehandedly represent the 70s?
KISS blows.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Flamin' Mania
Music is dying people. DYYYYYING!

No. The music lives on.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Flamin' Mania

Wrong. Just...wrong.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
I disagree too
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Yeah, there are lots of reunions nowadays, but there are plenty of new bands out there, so no, music isn't dying.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Iron Maiden....reunion?

when did they stop?
they released an album 2 years ago
and another one 3 years before that
Pigeon shi t and the dirty douchebags will never die. Unless they become corporeal in the first place...
Music isn't dying, you just need to look in the right places.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
TS is just wrong. all wrong.
Rolling stones, yes please hang up the jacket.
Iron maiden and Megadeth have been going for years, they havent died.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I never heard of Megadeath, are they some sort of Megadeth tribute band?
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by Flamin' Mania

Oh

I guess I won't bother to make any of my own music then. Seeing as nobody will want to listen to it.

I mean hell...who knows if music will even exist in 5 years time...

It's all about clicking noises these days...like Predator, those were so advanced and did you ever see them listening to music? No. They click.
RULE BRITANNIA
All these old rock bands that re-form are actually saving music
from that techno ****
I don't really know why they should quit. If they like it they should keep going. Maybe we should all quit guitar because we don't make kick arse music?
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
u phail. maiden has never broken up, nor will they ever break up. there also starting a new album at the beginning of next year they have said. and music is dieing. the only thing thats dieing in america is metal. ****ing sux.
You all forgot motorheads 30th anniversary! Good music lives on, people still like jazz don't they? I know I do!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
All the bands you posted are great bands.
They should make "UGers that just wont die!"

MC name = Bearrorism
Iron maiden is no renion, they never stopped.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

The Smashing Pumpkins is hardly a reunion. Hell, we could call it the reincarnation of Zwan, really.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
This thread fails.

Seriously, Iron Maiden have NEVER stopped, and don't intend to.
The TS is a complete IDIOT. They are releasing FANTASTIC albums every 3-5 years, and touring at least EVERY YEAR.

Although, if you're not a maiden fan, the recent news coverage of the current tour may confuse you.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
GN'R died along time ago when Axl decided it was time to be a pussy about everything.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Flamin' Mania

but what the hell. How come we have like 1000 reunions in the last couple of years? Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, KISS(again...), Iron Maiden, Rage Against The Machine, Megadeath, Smashing Pumpkins

gnr reunited?!? when!? Where!?
Quote by cobain_is_king
Metallica need to call it a day, they have no dignity left whatsoever.

They have plenty of dignity. There first six albums are masterpieces. And they keep their position on issues no matter what.
Page 1 of 2