hi i have this amp at the moment http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71592
and i have around 350 pounds i can get a marshall mg hdfx 100 half stack <338pounds new > witch i know most of you hate but for the money is ther any other stacks i can get what beat this amp for overall sound mostly rock metal sound but like to play a bit off classic noun and then thanks adam
vintage metal axxe reaper
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
Why do you need a stack?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Get an orange Tiny Terror... then get a cab to match it.. it's small.. but still loud as **** and it's all tube
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Everyone will say get a tube combo and then everyone will say +1, then there will be a joke about how good the MG series is and that it has crushing overdrive.

It happens almost every day.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Everyone will say get a tube combo and then everyone will say +1, then there will be a joke about how good the MG series is and that it has crushing overdrive.

It happens almost every day.

+1, Get a tube combo

But on a lighter note. The overdrive on the MG is CRUSHING!!!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
+1, Tube combo.
Buy the Epi VJ.
Also look for a used Peavey 5150.
You don't need a half stack, you don't need 100w.
The MG series is CRUSHING
The Line 6 Spider series is only good as a small practice amp.

/Cliche Responses
well im gonna be different and say id try out a roland cube and vox valvetronix. neither are tube, but can get a variety of great sounds. im not sure how much 350 pounds is in u.s. dollars so if you can afford a NICE tube amp with that much then id say go for it. but buying a small 5 watt tube amp and trying to play metal isnt going to yield the greatest results. in my opinion, a cube or valvetronix would be the ideal practice amp
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MatrixClaw
+1, Get a tube combo

But on a lighter note. The overdrive on the MG is CRUSHING!!!

Was waiting for that
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
look at some laneys, lc15, vc15, lc30, vc30 whatever is the best one in your price range

or a vox ad50vt would be good too
Quote by Horlicks
If you desperate for a stack try and snatch a used Laney Gh50L

+1
hey thanks for the replyes so quick i dont need a 100 watts i kno just for small medium gigs but the other members of my band have half stacks and with my 60 watt combo it really gets out done for sound its more just for stage presants if u kno what mean iv tryed the vox valve tronic or somethin we had them at collage i really hated them they sounded shallow and no gain i dont know if something was wrong with it but it had a horible tone
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
Quote by OWN3R
hey thanks for the replyes so quick i dont need a 100 watts i kno just for small medium gigs but the other members of my band have half stacks and with my 60 watt combo it really gets out done for sound its more just for stage presants if u kno what mean iv tryed the vox valve tronic or somethin we had them at collage i really hated them they sounded shallow and no gain i dont know if something was wrong with it but it had a horible tone

Probably because you're using a 60W solid state amp. A tube combo of similar wattage will drown out a 100W SS stack.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
the other 2 members one is usein a jcm800 and a mesa tripple recifire i cart spell it sorry about my spelling but i don quite have that money wish i did
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
Ah well then that's why.

Yes, I'd really suggest you take a look at some used Laney GH50Ls like others have said, great amps, like a hottrodded JCM800, but it's only one channel unfortunately.

Another one to look at would be a Carvin x100b, but I'm not sure how much they go there in the UK, here you can find the entire stack in the <$600 range, which is less than your budget, but I suspect they're more there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ Carvins are pretty scarce here AFAIK

You could easily snag a Laney VC50 combo from ebay for less that £350 - I got mine for £275 and it's a brilliant amp. As long as your other band members aren't stupid with their volume (if they are, smack them in the forehead) 50 watts valve will do fine.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
thanks i'll have a look around thanks for the help you guys <girls i aint sexest> are amazing thanks

lol good idear about volume

just out of intrest witch is the cheapest website ive always used gak http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/

thanks agen
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
GAK tend to be cheaper on a lot of stuff, Andertons (www.andertons.co.uk), Imuso (www.imuso.co.uk) and Thomann (www.thomann.de) can sometimes be cheaper on things too.

In your price range I'd highly recommending looking at used amps, though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yeh i'm gona look at used amps just wonderin for like picks leads all stuffs lol becasuse the closest guitar shop to me is 10 ish miles away he only has about 5 amps in and 10 guitars lol at like twice the price
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310