I've been saving up a bit and thinking about buying new effects. At the moment all I have is a boss DS-1 . I've realised that I would like to get serious about pedals:
*Wah (Crybaby?)
*Chorus (Boss CH-1/Small Clone)
*Delay (Boss DD-6)
*Phaser(MXR)
*Digitech Whammy
*Overdrive (Bad Monkey/Fulltone OCD/Tube 808)
*Power Supply
*Pedal Board

When I added it up it was going to be over $750. Whilst I know these will give me a better tone I was considering maybe a higher end Multi Effects like a POD X3. I like to fiddle around and I'm not sure whether I should blow my budget with individual pedals or buy a multieffects. I'm into Alternative/Classic/Hard Rock and a bit of Metal.
Any ideas on what I should do/any other good Multi Effects?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
eBay for pedals.
You can pick up pedals for half the price they should be. Also, build your own pedalboard.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
the Boss Gt-8 is amazing and will do all that and more (the only pedal i think you would lose out on quality would be the overdrives you were looking at, it does have a beautiful Tubescreamer Sim though). But ultimately it's up to you whether you want multi or single. My suggestion is try out all the pedals you want, then try out a multi FX. If you don't like the tone of the effects in the multi, go with single pedals.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I, myself, am not a big fan of the multi effects but that really depends on personal taste. However, I would recommend against the crybaby, unless you are going for one of the higher end ones. I have the GCB-95 and half the times it lays the funk down nice and thick but the other half you can barely even tell if it is on. I hear Vox make some very decent wahs but then you have to beware that through heavy usage they tend to break down.

edit: look into the Vox wahs especially if you are a Hendrix fan
i have both a Digitech multi-effects processor and an array of stomp boxes...it just depends on wut ur looking 4...do u want pre-set tones or do u want 2 create your own?

Schector Damien 7-string
Ibanez Prestige
Marshall Half-Stack

effects-pedals and processors
I would not recommend GT8.. Its to digital and its very taxing to dial in ok sounds..
Go for a cool fuzzpedal like Keeleys Fuzzhead + FulltoneOCD.. Then you got 2 awesome pedals which both kicks ass on their own.. and very much together! They also got true bypass.. A thing you should really pay attention to when buying pedals...

Go for very high quality cables! for instance mogami / george L's and stuff.. That is where most guitarists slack... - For board i would recommend T-rex - Tonetrunk(the bigger version) - I know Its not a hardcase, but that way other people will know that it is something to be carefull with!.. Hope you'll find your sound :-)
Regards Emil - Denmark
Well honestly im a bit of a noob when it comes to guitar. Im definately no hendrix but I was lookin on ebay and for $350 I could buy a POD X3 Live. I mean it allows me to listen via headphones, record and its got a stupid amount of effects like 100. I figure for now this would be perfect. No one really seems to have anything bad to say. But because I live in Australia pedals are a lot more expensive then the US hence ebay. This means I need to pay postage and when I factor everything in POD = $450-$500. Effects=$1000 at least. Does anyone have anything bad to say about the POD.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I say, if you're going to spend that much, I'd highly suggest taking a look at the TC Electronics G-Major. I don't think it has the Wah, but it does have whammy, never tried it to see how good it is compared to the real whammy though, but the other effects are easily on par with, or better than the single pedals you've listed.

You'd need some kind of midi foot controller to use it effectively, but by using this you can also add patches and switch channels on your amp.

Just a thought to add to what you're looking at, I'd recommend them over a POD or something if you're not going to be using the modeling as the effects themselves are much higher quality.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
that's allot of boxes you're looking at, and allot of money. I think it's worth considering Boss ME-20 or ME-50, Boss GT6 or GT8 and Vox Tonelab.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site