I need a good metal amp for a pretty cheap price. So far I thought I went through all my tube options and was left with the Peavey Valveking 112. Its great but I found the Super Champ and was wondering how it will do for metal? I know its Fender but still. I play a Schecter Classic and I would be upgrading from a Roland Cube 15x.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
i liked the super champ, but i'd be a bit concerned if you want it for metal... it sounded nice for cleans and classic, maybe even hard, rock. Metal, not so much. I didn't try it with humbuckers, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As a rule of thumb Fender + metal= NO NO!!!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
What about MetalHead, which is modelled as setting 14 in Superchamp XD?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by Jestersage
What about MetalHead, which is modelled as setting 14 in Superchamp XD?

The Fender MetahHead is a hideous sounding amp, seriously!! There was a clip going around of Malmsteen playing it and it really did sound awful!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90